Financial Services Representative I
Teachers Plus Credit Union is accepting applications for a Full-time Financial Services Representative I. This position is ideal for an individual who has experience in customer service, balancing transactions and handling cash.
Teachers Plus Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution located in Bedford, Nova Scotia, serving approximately 2800 members. We are committed to our community and offer a workplace that strives to live its values everyday.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Financial Services Representative I is responsible for providing counter and telephone service to current and prospective members; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; presenting and explaining a basic number of credit union products and services; cross-selling credit union products and services and assisting them to utilize these products and services.
To be successful in the role, you would:
- Processes financial transactions including opening and closing of accounts; cashing cheques; deposits and withdrawals; transfers between accounts; utility payments; stop payments orders; holds on accounts; wire transfers, calculating foreign and domestic exchange, certifying cheques, processing loan payments, processing cheque orders, issuing travelers cheques, money orders, drafts and other negotiable instruments. Balances cash drawer and daily transactions. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
- Performs account change updates to member account transactions and information to on-line computer.
- Answers questions regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting members to make the most effective usage of service offerings.
- Resolves member problems and complaints; takes action to reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts within assigned limits or referring the member to another employee as appropriate.
- Presents and explains basic credit union products and services to current and prospective members. Cross sells on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services. Refers more complex requests for information and assistance to appropriate branch staff.
- Removes deposits from and balances cash in night depository and/or ABM.
- Opens and closes safety deposit accounts. Reviews safety deposit procedures with new members. Controls member entrance within the vault area. Prepares and maintains required files.
- Scans and files teller’s days work, loan documents, member documents and other documents/forms as required.
- Assists and backs-up other team members and completes other duties as assigned.
- Conducts outgoing member care calls as prescribed to meet targets.
- Looks for opportunities to refer members to loan officers as part of overall growth strategy for credit union and to meet personal targets.
The Financial Services Representative I will have successfully completed a high school diploma or GED plus have up to one year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position is at TPCU Level 2 and has a salary range of $40,375.00 – $47,500.00
- Vacation starts at three weeks and includes an extra day for your birthday
- Participation in a generous defined benefit pension plan as well as a 100% employer funded medical coverage and shared dental coverage
- Additional staff benefits which includes waived banking service fees, a wellness credit and reduced staff interest rates on loans and mortgages
- An outstanding working environment that focuses on the well-being of our staff and members
- A strong belief in continuing education for both self-fulfillment and to improve how we do our job
Please note that the successful applicant will need to be bondable.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume in word or pdf along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to the attention of Dale Roode at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 4, 2023.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.