Financial Services Representative I – Atlantic Edge Credit Union – Doyles, NL
Financial Service Representative I
Hourly Rate Range: $17.53 – $20.62
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Representative (FSR) will use an enthusiastic approach to foster key relationships with members while promoting personal benefits based on member’s needs. Our focus is our members, and our priority is to help them achieve their financial goals! To ensure a great member experience, at times, flexibility may be required to work evenings or at different branch locations within a reasonable travel distance.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Build strong member relationships and deliver excellent customer service.
- Process and balance day to day transactions.
- Ascertain member’s and prospective member’s needs, and proactively explain Credit Union products and services.
- Promote the benefits of utilizing other Credit Union services with members and prospective members alike.
- Promote to members various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, etc.(as appropriate) or refer to Financial Planning Representatives where required.
- Actively promote the various lending and credit products and services, including term loans, line of credit, mortgages, and credit cards.
- Determine and resolve member needs.
- Account reconciliation.
- General office administration.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a diploma in Business Administration plus have up to one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- Proven customer service skills through work and/or community involvement
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to detail (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing).
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our performance management program and support employee development through internal training professional development opportunities; and you can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com or visit our website: atlanticedgecu.ca to complete our online application.
Applications will be accepted until June 3rd, 2022.