Financial Services Representative I – Atlantic Edge Credit Union – Port Saunders
Financial Service Representative I
Port Saunders Branch
Hourly Rate Range: $17.53 – $20.62
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Representative (FSR) will use an enthusiastic approach to foster key relationships with members while promoting personal benefits based on member’s needs and reviews additional membership opportunities at each interaction. To ensure a great member experience, at times, flexibility may be required to work evenings or at different branch locations within a reasonable travel distance.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Process and balance financial transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ascertain member’s and prospective member’s needs, and proactively explain Credit Union products and services.
- Promote the benefits of utilizing other Credit Union services with members and prospective members alike.
- Promote to members various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, etc.(as appropriate) or refer to Financial Planning Representatives where required.
- Actively promote the various lending and credit products and services, including term loans, line of credit, mortgages, and credit cards.
- Resolve member’s concerns and take action to remedy or reconcile any discrepancies within member records or accounts.
- Account reconciliation.
- General office administration.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a diploma in Business Administration plus have up to one year of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- Superior customer service skills.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to detail (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing).
- Superior communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: atlanticedgecu.ca to complete our online application.
Applications will be accepted until May 27th, 2022.