Financial Services Representative I
Labrador Savings Branch
Happy Valley – Goose Bay
Hourly Rate Range: $18.46 – $21.72
Eagle River Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We are currently seeking an individual with the desire to work in a solutions-focused and member driven environment and share in our success as we continue to grow!
Using an enthusiastic approach, the Financial Services Representative (FSR) creates relationships with members; promotes personal benefits based on member’s needs and reviews additional membership opportunities at each interaction.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Processes and balances financial transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Proactively explains products and services and promotes the benefits of utilizing other Credit Union services with members, and prospective members alike.
- Promotes to members various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, etc. (as appropriate) or refers to Financial Planning Representatives where required.
- Actively promotes the various lending and credit products and services, including term loans, line of credit, mortgages, and credit cards.
- General office administration.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a high school diploma or GED plus have up to one year of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Superior customer service skills.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing).
- Superior communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives. Our generous benefits package includes but is not limited to tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development; Flexible Health and Dental Plan; Registered Pension Plan; and paid volunteer time.
Eagle River Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels of employment within the company.
To apply, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca, or you may complete our online application on our website and upload your cover letter and resume Eagle River Credit Union – General Job Application (eaglerivercu.com). Alternatively, you may drop it off at any of our 6 Branch locations.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.