Dominion Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Services Representative II to provide high quality counter and telephone service to current and prospective customer-owners of the credit union.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Counter Services, the Financial Services Representative will be responsible for:
- Processing the balancing various financial transactions
- Updating customer-owner computer records
- Answering questions and assisting customer-owners in making the most effective usage of product and service offerings
- Presenting and explaining basic credit union products and services and cross selling on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning customer-owner accounts within assigned limits
- Opening and closing safety deposit box accounts
- General office administration
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will have completed post-secondary education including &/or office administration, have up to one year’s related experience, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle and balance cash
- Proven data entry skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating adding machines/calculators, fax machines, photocopier and related equipment generally found in a business office
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with or without a calculator
- Be willing to enroll in the Credit Union CuSource Learning Program
The successful candidate will perform a variety of general office tasks including typing, filling, answering telephones, checking reports and other general office administration, which would include preparation of spread sheets ie: budget format. Also, other duties assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding, and Responding
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Information Seeking
- Planning, Organizing and Coordinating
- Concern for Order, Quality and compliance
- Problem Solving and Judgement
- Impact and influence
This is a Full-time position and Dominion Credit Union offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Application close on Friday, April 16, 2021.
Interested candidates should mail or email their resume in confidence to:
Mrs. Rina Gouthro
Dominion Credit Union
94 Commercial Street
Dominion, NS B1G-1B4
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the competencies outlined above, and are more likely be a good fit for the Credit Union. We wish to thank all applicants in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.