Financial Services Representative, Louisdale, Nova Scotia, East Coast Credit Union
Full–time Financial Services Representative
Louisdale, Nova Scotia
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full–time Financial Services Representative to join our
team in our Louisdale branch! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will
discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits
and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full–service financial cooperative organization that is deeply
committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape
Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing
an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for providing counter and telephone
service to current and prospective members; processing financial transactions including daily
balancing of cash and transactions; assisting members with their financial needs and promoting
credit union products and services. You may also be required to work at other Branch locations
• Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective members.
• Pro–actively identify members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate product or service
and refer members to other departments.
• Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and
• Understand all products and services offered by East Coast Credit Union. These include
but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and
• Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
• Respond to member inquiries and resolve any concerns or discrepancies.
• Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
• Demonstrate a team approach and provide support to the Front–Line team.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Completed a certificate or diploma in Business plus have a minimum of one–year of
sales and service experience, preferably in the financial industry; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Superior customer service and business development skills.
• Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
• An outgoing and self–motivated nature with strong work ethics.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem–solving skills.
• Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash
• Superior communication and time management skills.
• Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community–focused team.
• Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
• Competitive compensation with performance–based incentives.
• Generous benefit package including up to 9% contribution with employer match in the
Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
• Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on
• Very competitive compensation: the hourly rate range starts at $20.44.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft
Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until August 25, 2022.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual
Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be