Full-time Assistant Manager, Dartmouth Branch (9-month contract)
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Assistant Manager, Dartmouth Branch, for a 9-month contract. This position is well suited for an individual with strong leadership skills and the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the front-line team and ensuring that work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent will lead and support direct reports through coaching, mentoring and performance management and assist the Branch Manager in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development, member retention and satisfaction.
- Coordinate & manage the activities of the front-line staff in the delivery of optimal member service through ongoing coaching; team meetings; training and monitoring performance objectives.
- Oversee and monitor attendance; develop schedules and ensure a complement of front-line staff are always available to provide an optimal level of service to members.
- Ensure all counter transactions and ATM/CDU/RCU machines are balanced, reconciled, encoded, and appropriate clearing deposits are processed. Assist with complex transactions and member issues.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of Credit Union’s security & operational controls and oversee risk management practices and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Resolve complex problems and member complaints referred by front line staff and, as required and where appropriate, escalate to the Branch Manager or appropriate department for resolution.
- Compile loan package and negotiate loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Open new accounts as necessary, analyze potential opportunities while increasing the credit union’s lending/deposit portfolio and use of products. Provide financial advice to borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services.
- Supervise the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce
- A minimum of five years relevant experience, including 2 to 3 years supervisory experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Knowledge of products and services as well as policies and regulatory environment.
- Excellent decision-making and facilitation skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Competitive compensation
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until April 29th, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.