Full Time Controller
Valley Credit Union, Nova Scotia, is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 62
employees, and over $280 Million in assets. Located within the Beautiful Annapolis Valley.
Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for a Controller. This position will be based out of Valley
Credit Union’s Head Office located 5682 Hwy. 1 Waterville N.S.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day accounting and payables functions at Valley Credit Union.
Reporting to the VP Finance, as a member of our Finance team, the Controller will provide a full range of accounting services to support our operations within the Annapolis Valley, from Hantsport to Bridgetown.
Key Responsibilities (the position):
- Responsible for preparing all monthly financial reports including variance analysis.
- Responsible for preparing annual Consolidated Financial Statements and assisting in the annual
- Complete and deliver all regulatory reports as required throughout the year.
- Establish and maintain controls over financial reporting to ensure complete segregation of
duties and appropriate review.
- Manage and support the in-house payables department to ensure completeness and accuracy of
all vendor payments and requirements.
- Update and manage monthly internal reports and prepare commentary for discussion with all
branches and other stakeholders.
- Develop and manage forecasting tools to provide insight and analysis of future liquidity.
- Prepare the annual budget for the organization and provide monthly insight into variances.
- Assist the VP Finance with other projects as required.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Finance Department showing increasing levels of responsibility.
- Degree or College Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- CPA Designation or enrollment in the CPA program would be considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and troubleshoot issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the monthly reporting cycle and the various components within
- The ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions to both internal and external
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan and up to 6% contribution
with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; and reduced rates on
employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
We are an equal opportunity employer, all persons regardless of race, colour, sex, age, national
origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/ or expression, will be considered, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining a team that believes in going the extra mile! Please submit your cover
letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Human Resources at email@example.com
quoting job number VCU-01-2023-C