Full Time Coordinator
Credit Union Financial Management (CUFM) is a wealth management organization that offers access to capital markets and a full range of investment options to its clients throughout Atlantic Canada. CUFM presently has an opening for a Full Time Coordinator in our Halifax location.
Reporting to the Financial Advisor, the Coordinator is responsible for providing high quality administrative and project support to the Financial Advisor and the Wealth Management team. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining files, preparing a variety of activity reports, and other related duties.
- Provide support to the Financial Advisor by scheduling appointments with clients; preparing for interviews; inputting financial plan information; formatting proposals; processing product applications following up on referrals and providing information on CUFM wealth services to clients and the general public.
- Respond to inquiries and handle any complaints and/or concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Create and maintain client files. Ensure all documentation are up to date.
- Prepare a variety of activity reports and documentation as required.
- Process all CUFM mail and handle all courier and fax support.
- Build relationships with CUFM clients, management and staff.
- Assist with collecting and maintaining various internal documents and forms as requested.
- Assist in maintaining the policies and procedures of CUFM and ensure safety protocols are followed at all times.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary education in Office Administration program.
- Minimum two years of experience as an Assistant in an office environment dealing with various stakeholders.
- Completion of the IFIC course (Investment Funds Institute of Canada), Life Licensing course, or the CSC course (Canadian Securities Course) is a definite asset. If not, must be willing to complete within two months of hire.
- General investment and insurance industry knowledge and awareness of the Canadian Credit Union system are highly desirable.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and phone etiquette.
- Excellent typing and attention to details and accuracy.
- Experience working with MS Office and high comfort level using various types of office equipment.
- Demonstrated tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 5% contribution in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages through our Credit Union partners.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until May 7th, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon completion and receipt of satisfactory criminal record check and credit report.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.