The Credit Union is a member owned, full-service financial institution located in Dalhousie, New Brunswick with $23M in assets, providing personal and commercial banking services to approximately 1400 members. Firmly rooted in its community, The Credit Union prides itself on understanding what is important to its members.
The Board of Directors of the Credit Union is seeking a General Manager responsible for the leadership, development and progress of the credit union, its financial stability, viability, and responsiveness to its members. The GM also supports and advises the Board in fulfilling its fiduciary and strategic responsibilities.
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong lending background and the proven ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and make sound recommendations on required directions;
- Hands on experience and strong knowledge of liquidity management and asset/liability management concepts;
- Management skills focused on effective business development and growth ensuring the successful execution of the credit union’s vision and strategic plan;
- Bilingual (French and English) written and oral communication skills and the ability to proficiently engage a broad range of audiences in either language;
- The interpersonal, and leadership skills necessary to energize, engage and empower people by drawing on their strengths;
- Experience establishing effective working relationships and networks with a variety of key stakeholders to strengthen the credit union’s ability to provide excellent services and enhance its image in the broader community;
- Vision, understanding and ability to support a culture committed the credit union system’s cooperative and community values.
The ideal candidate for this position should also hold a bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce and have a minimum of 10 years management experience in a financial institution or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience. Experience working in a unionized environment will be considered an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining how your experience aligns with what the Board is looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 14, 2021.