Are you passionate about being a driving force for excellence? Do you love to solve problems and help create a great experience for both internal and external customers? If so, keep reading!
We are looking for a Head Teller to join our Oromocto team.
As a Certified B Corp® OMISTA Credit Union exists to provide a better way to bank. OMISTA provides complete banking products and services delivered with honesty, fairness, and trust. We are committed to providing solutions to enhance the financial wellbeing of our personal banking and small-to-medium-size business banking customers. When you “Bank Local” with OMISTA, all money and profits stay in NB creating greater prosperity for our shared economy and communities.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will organize, schedule and monitor the Cash Services Department of the branch ensuring the efficient and compliant servicing of members’ needs while maintaining adequate branch cash and office supplies.
- Delivery of Cash Related Services to Customers/ Owners – Provide excellent customer service to OMISTA members and assisting other CSRs with more complicated transactions
- Customer Service Administration – Monitor and coordinate cash levels for the branch, ensure adequate supplies are on hand, and act as the primary access point for others in the organization needing account information / projects completed. Ensure that bonding limits are being adhered to by regularly monitoring treasury activity, ie: cash ordering and cash shipments
- Security: Within established limits, provide overrides, initial cheques for encashment and maintain department signing authority. Co-ordinate cash counts, maintain joint custody of combinations, treasury cash, disbursements, money orders, securities and other negotiable items; ensure adherence to security procedures.
- Administration: Ensure general ledger accounts, ATMs, deposits, and cash for the department are balanced daily; reconcile variances and initiate corrective action where required to resolve balancing problems; track CSR outages and ensure errors are corrected.
- Credit Union Department Support – Work with other Head Tellers and Team Leads to create consistencies within the branch network and assist in the roll-out and success of marketing campaigns.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Strong Computer Skills
- Good understanding of financial terminology
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Strong Decision-making skills.
- Exceptional customer and sales skills and experience
- A dedication to putting the members’ needs first
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to answer questions and solve problems
- Ability to multitask and have a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrates a good understanding of cash services
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic
- Ideally has a minimum of two years of working in a financial service setting
Education and Training
- College diploma in a business discipline or sufficient experience in lieu of education.
Employment Type: Permanent
Travel Required: No
Location: Gateway Drive, Oromocto
Work Environment: Branch
Pay Type: Salaried & Bonus
Pension & Benefits: Yes
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
Application ID: 2021 HT – OROMOCTO 002
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org