Income Tax Program Manager (Contract) – Western NL
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Income Tax Program Manager is responsible for developing and managing the AECU Income Tax Program. You will be responsible for advancing the program within all branch locations while also providing personal income tax services within your own location. Through your effective leadership you will support and guide AECU tax associates in the delivery of tax preparation services, growth, profitability, business development, retention, and member satisfaction.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Manages branch staff including assigning and directing work, coordinating, and monitoring staffing levels, interviewing, hiring, and training of new employees, conduct performance reviews and provide coaching, work with HR to address and resolve any concerns or disciplinary issues, and manages employee leave
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure CRA reporting requirements are met; and to respond to any inquiries from CRA on submitted tax returns
- Coordinate with the IT department to ensure tax software is installed, up to date, and maintained, in all branch locations
- Ensures all forms are up to date; prepares, files (paper, e-file or cash out) and invoices personal income tax and benefit returns and adjustments. Contacts member-owners to request any missing information required to complete filing
- Provides personal income tax advice to individuals and respond to member-owner inquiries, requests, or complaints on personal tax issues. Work with tax associates to resolve any complaints or potential issues on personal tax issues. Resolves issues through fact-finding methods, and collaborating with other associates and departments
- Conducts telephone and mail solicitation to promote tax services and to maintain existing business and to generate new taxation services business
- Analyzes and identifies potential opportunities in each situation to further assist members by recommending products and services
- Works with the COO to recommend, develop, and implement policies and procedures
- Performs a variety of general office administration including scheduling appointments with clients; maintenance of client records filing system; and other general office administration
The successful candidate will have completed an Accounting Diploma plus a minimum of two-three years’ relevant experience completing and preparing individual tax returns; including two-three years’ supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated proficiency in computerized taxation programs. Experience with Profile Tax is considered an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge on income tax programs and CRA regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of self-employed, fishermen, and truck driver taxes
- Strong business acumen
- Proven sales skills
- Knowledge of products and services
- Proficiency with software applications and technology
- Ability to build valuable relationships and partnerships
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Management/supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.