Information Technology Specialist
Valley Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 70 employees, and over $220M in assets. Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Valley Credit Union is seeking an Information Technology Specialist to join our team.
The successful candidate, in partnership with the IT Manager, will be responsible for day to day operational activities of network administration, help-desk support, and systems at Valley Credit Union.
This full-time role is based from Head Office, located in Cambridge NS. The candidate will work as a member of our Information Technology team to provide a full range of IT services to support our operations the Annapolis Valley, from Hantsport to Bridgetown.
Key Responsibilities (the position):
- Oversee cyber-security issues and integrity. Account, access, and asset management
- OS and application patch management. OS and application security scanning and vulnerability management
- Troubleshooting issues across a range of technologies including: Windows 10, Server 2012, 2019, Linux, Microsoft Office365, FTP access, networks, hardware, and desktop application issues. Server 2012, 2016, 2019, VOIP; and desktop/laptop imaging
- Making routine decisions and recommendations using established guidelines, procedures, or polices. Resolving issues of a routine nature working independently. Responding to and resolving incidents and service support requests for workstation services. Providing front-line IT Help Desk support including: Desktop/Laptop, Phone/Voice System, Wireless devices, Printers
- Provide support and maintenance of end user device hardware and software environments, including diagnosis, repair, and upgrade activities
- Must have a valid driver license, own a vehicle as you may visit branches throughout the Valley. Although you would work from 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, the occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation considered assets
- Microsoft Online: 365, Teams, Exchange, Azure experience.
- SharePoint experience for implementation of a Document Management System initiative is an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a real passion for technology and a desire to help people
- Flexibility and adaptability to be responsive to support requests while balancing daily tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills with exceptional organization skills
- Above average communication and listening skills
If you are interested in joining a Team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Nicole Trentelman, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com quoting job number VCU-IT-N202. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: May 30th, 2021