East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time IT Officer to join our team! The location is flexible within Nova Scotia based on the location of the successful candidate. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of IT, the IT Officer is responsible for all aspects of help desk support and technical assistance including but not limited to addressing a wide variety of user issues, software problems, hardware failures, and network issues. You would be required to troubleshoot other equipment, including printers, fax machines, and any specialized equipment the Credit Union may use and support any IT-related projects.
- Troubleshoot any issues related to software, hardware and network. Provide support and assistance to users within established timeframes.
- Monitor the daily operation and integration of all aspects of the Credit Union’s desktop systems to ensure timely support services and minimum down-time. Assist in the maintenance activities in accordance with prescribed protocols to ensure the most effective utilization and performance of the computer systems.
- Provide support to end users in the selection, procurement, testing, licenses, usage and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- Provide input into the development of the annual technology plan, operations, hardware and software purchases.
- Identify and recommend improvements on procedures, policies, processes and systems. Contribute to any department training and documentation of processes, while identifying improvement opportunities in streamlining workflows.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, hardware, software, license agreements and maintenance contracts.
- Travels, as required, to perform on-site repair, upgrade or replacements of technology equipment and software.
- Escalate any complex or server-related issues to System Administrator.
- Install and update desktops, laptops, peripherals, networks, and related software.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Completed a Diploma or Certificate in IT, Computer Science or related field.
- One to three years of experience and/or training in a similar role, preferably in the financial industry and overall, 5 years of experience in the IT field or equivalent combination of training and experience in the IT field.
- Working knowledge and/or understanding of the following key technology areas:
- Windows desktop operating systems
- Cloud based collaboration products (i.e. MS Office 365)
- Telephone Systems
- Network fundamentals (i.e. Firewalls, Switches, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, WINS, etc.)
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, December 29, 2022.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted