IT Security Officer
East Coast Credit Union is seeking an IT Security Officer to join our team, preferably in one of the three corporate offices – Port Hawkesbury, Antigonish or Dartmouth! This permanent position is well suited for an individual with an IT/Cybersecurity background seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT & Innovation, the IT Security Officer is responsible for ensuring appropriate controls are in place for the security of information assets and the protection of data. The incumbent acts as the subject matter expert for security projects and initiatives.
- Develop and diligently maintain a security and privacy plan that reflects selected security controls, applicable laws, directives, regulations.
- Recommend proactive innovative approaches to mitigate any risks and maintain a robust cybersecurity infrastructure.
- Recommend information security related architecture, systems standards and processes by understanding business requirements and working with various stakeholders to implement appropriate controls that meet identified risk tolerances.
- Actively ensure appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards are in place to protect the Credit Union’s information assets from internal and external threats.
- Develop an incident management procedure and establish the incident management and response team.
- Approve backup and restoration procedures and guidelines and monitor the effectiveness of the backup and restoration procedures for cyber security events.
- Manage PIAs (Privacy Impact Assessments) and establish data classification and security control standards as per Policy.
- Review active Cyber threats and audit anomalous login behaviour to determine validity of account actions.
- Assists in the development, rollout, training, and support associated with security-related change in policies, processes, guidelines and regulations. Follows change management principles and confers with the change management team when required.
- Keep abreast of new developments, trends and best practices and suggest enhancements to existing services through automation and continual service improvements across the Credit Union. Identify any additional resources, improvements, options and alternative solutions to meet security objectives.
- Act as a department resource by providing direct support to users across the organization when required. This may include troubleshooting IT issues and supporting day-to-day IT operations as required.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Successfully completed a diploma in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field plus have a minimum of three years related security-related experience, preferably in the financial industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving skills and ability to generate creative ideas and solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge and/or understanding of the following key technology areas:
- NIST 800-53 and/or ISO 27001:2013
- Windows desktop/server operating systems
- Cloud based collaboration products (i.e. MS Office 365, Purecloud, Docusign)
- Network fundamentals including: firewalls, switches, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN and NAC
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and Hybrid depending on the role requirements
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; paid volunteer time and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until November 25, 2022.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.