IT Specialist – Coastal Financial Credit Union
Coastal Financial Credit Union is a locally owned co-operative financial institution. We offer a full suite of financial products and services including chequing and savings accounts, investments, personal and commercial lending (including fishing boats/licenses). We believe in giving back to the communities in which we operate. With five branch locations in the southwestern part of Nova Scotia (Yarmouth, Tusket, Wedgeport, West Pubnico, and Barrington), our focus is on meeting the banking needs of our members.
To join our team of professionals, we are accepting applications for a permanent full-time Information Technology Specialist (ITS). The position is based in Yarmouth however occasional travel will be required to all branches. In addition, staff must be open to travel and/or re-assignment to other branches as required by changing business conditions within the organization.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Diploma or Certificate in IT, or related field. Alternatively, a candidate with three to five years of experience and/or training in a similar role, preferably in the financial industry may be considered. The incumbent will also have/be:
- an outgoing and self-motivated nature, team player, with a strong work ethic
- demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving skills, initiative, and ability to work independently
- proven history of accuracy and high attention to detail (data entry, documentation, system configuration, etc…)
- strong time management/organizational skills
- ability to physically lift up to 50 pounds, install equipment under desks, in server racks, and occasionally in ceilings
- must pro-actively take on additional training and/or perform research as needed to up to date with the changes and perform the assigned job duties successfully
- working knowledge and/or understanding of the following key technology areas:
- Windows desktop operating systems
- Windows Active Directory, Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 365 – with Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Teams VoIP Telephony
- SIEM (Syslog)
- Network fundamentals including firewalls, switches, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and Remote Access
The ITS will be responsible for all aspects of IT support and technical assistance within the credit union. The ITS will:
- pro-actively provide IT support to staff and troubleshoot issues related to software, hardware, and network
- escalate any complex or server-related issues to the Manager of Information Technology
- maintain current knowledge of all products & services with an emphasis on digital channels
- actively promote and educate staff on the use of digital products and services
- installs and updates desktops, laptops, peripherals, cameras, networks, and related software
- complete all required daily and monthly reporting, testing, and other assignments
- assists with documenting IT policies and procedures
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package for this position including but not limited to a generous employee pension, health, dental, life insurance and a long-term disability plan, days off for volunteer activities, an annual health benefit, vacation days, sick days, personal days, as well as paid professional development, education, and training.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume by July 8th, 2022, to Sonia Ryan, Manager of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: All offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.