IT Specialist – Western Newfoundland and Labrador – Atlantic Edge Credit Union
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Location: Hybrid working arrangement available in proximate location to any of our 11 branches throughout Western, NL and Labrador.
As a member of the IT team, the IT Specialist has an integral role in ensuring all staff are properly trained on new technology and equipment use; while fully supporting, troubleshooting, and addressing staff helpdesk inquiries as required. You will also be responsible for conducting reports to support management decisions, conduct various audits, and manage maintenance of AECU IT equipment and assets.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Provides support to all Credit Union staff, board members and other users of company issued devices or approved networks for all IT service areas, client technology, account management, security, business applications, server/network, and mobility
- Respond to employee inquiries or requests, including assisting in troubleshooting any software, hardware, or network related issues
- Manage the on-boarding and off-boarding procedures and process for employees
- Conducts IT related onboarding training for new users and periodic training to staff to ensure all employees are current and up to date on the use of IT equipment as well as IT & Security related processes and procedures
- Completes audits in order to provide analysis and recommendations for equipment, security related issues and otherwise
- Maintain awareness of industry updates and changes related to cyber security as well as other technologies related to the financial services industry, and knowledge of government regulations
- Responsible for managing and maintaining AECU’s IT assets portfolio – labelling devices, updating asset log, providing reports on retired assets, and performing device preventative maintenance to ensure devices are up to date, cleaned, and operational
- Identify and recommend improvements on procedures, policies, processes, and Contribute to department training and documentation of processes, while identifying improvement opportunities in streamlining workflows
- Develop plan and coordinate implementation of approved recommendations resulting from System Partners updates, changes, and enhancements of new and revised processes
- Responsible for IT operations, security, and projects in a variety of areas including but not limited to: Office365, administration and security, including SharePoint, IT related security and management technologies including patch management, endpoint security, software deployment, inventory management, password management, intrusion detection, encryption, backup/recovery, imaging configuration, database administration, and other system support as required
The successful candidate will have completed a diploma and/or similar training in computers, system and network course(s) plus a minimum of two to four years’ relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional certifications in ITIL, Cobalt, O365, CCNA, CISA or similar certifications are considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, 0365 and/or cloud-based solutions
- Knowledgeable on document management best practices
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment as it relates to IT & security
- Experience with budget and expense management
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Customer service focused
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Superior oral and written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com or visit our website: atlanticedgecu.ca to complete our online application.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.