IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator
Position Type: Full-Time
Branch Location: Charlottetown, PE
Who We Are:
We are a full-service financial institution and serve approximately 14,500 members from various communities in and around the Charlottetown area and the north shore including: Charlottetown, West Royalty, Stratford, Sherwood, Scotchfort, Rocky Point, Brackley, Hillsborough Park, East Royalty, Cornwall, Winsloe, North River, Crossroads, Elliot River, Fort Augustus, Pownal, as well as North Rustico, Cavendish, and Montague.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
You are a tech savvy problem solver and genuinely enjoy providing outstanding technical support to internal staff. You are excited about the opportunity to contribute to the credit union through your exceptional skills in network work administration and help-desk support.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide exceptional technical support to internal staff for all IT service areas: client technology, account management, security, business applications, server/network, mobility, etc.
- Handle technical support; log, resolve and escalating tickets.
- Perform standardized IT support tasks (e.g. user account creation, group changes, mailbox setup, VPN creation, phone configuration, etc.).
- Coordinate with outsourcing vendors as needed.
- Contribute to IT operations, security and projects in a variety of areas:
- Office365 administration and security
- Administration and deployment of various IT security and management technologies including: patch management, endpoint security, software deployment, group policy, hardware/software inventory, event tracking, password management, intrusion detection, encryption, backup/recovery, etc.
- Imaging, configuration and deploy of new systems
- Website administration, database administration (MS SQL), and other system support as required.
- Create and maintain customer-facing documentation, end-user instruction guides, IT procedures, and/or training material as needed.
- Identify and propose ideas for upgrades or improvements to IT services, technologies, or other areas of IT. Participates in or leading projects in areas of expertise.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or other technical program and/or two years equivalent work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, solve problems are sales oriented with a member service mindset.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills. In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings.
- Proven organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to interpret financial data.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to prepare and present written/oral reports.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter to Linda McGibbon, Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close August 13, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.