East Coast Credit Union is seeking a full time virtual Lending Specialist to join our team! Successful candidates can enjoy the benefits of working from home, or the flexibility in workplace locations within beautiful Nova Scotia. The role involves virtual lending via online applications, phone and video conferencing and is well suited for an individual with exceptional customer service experience and superior technical and analytical skills seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital & Member Experience, the Lending Specialist is responsible for developing and growing our digital/online portfolio including but not limited to Dealer Finance, Mortgages, Loans, account opening and deposits/investments, as well as promoting other products and services to existing and prospective members. The incumbent represents the Credit Union in a professional manner; establishes and maintains strong third party and member relationships.
- Monitor online applications and respond to requests and inquiries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Analyze applicant’s financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Approve or decline loan within approved lending limits or refers to the next higher approving position level with recommendations.
- Compile loan packages and negotiate loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Prepare documentation for loan renewals, loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities.
- Proactively identify new products and services to support the member’s financial goals Proactively contact members on a regular basis to retain business and/or solicit new business.
- Provide individual financial counseling and information to members on loan services and deposit products available through the Credit Union. Make referrals for those requiring financial planning advice.
- Periodically contact dealers and mortgage brokers in order to maintain and build strong relationships with third party partners.
- Recommend new procedures and/or changes to procedures for new and existing loan and deposit products and services.
- Proactively contact members and update Member Records and Relationship Management Systems on a regular basis.
- Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with industry news, trends and current local market.
- A certificate or diploma in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of lending experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, and discretion.
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope with internal process and technological changes as well as changes in the financial industry
- Proven technical ability and high-speed internet required to work from home.
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Tele-Work and compressed work week.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
The Member Advice Centre is expecting to see significant growth and expansion in the coming years. Flexibility around evening and/or weekend work may be required in the future. Currently, the requirement is to be flexible to work Thursday and Friday evenings.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, April 12, 2021
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.