Lending Supervisor (Flexible location within Nova Scotia)
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Lending Supervisor to join our team! This permanent, full-time position will support our Member Advice Centre. Occasional travel will be required. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital and Member Experience, the Lending Supervisor is responsible for developing and growing our digital/online portfolio. The incumbent will lead and support direct reports through assisting with reviewing and approving Dealer Finance, Mortgage, and Loan applications in the Member Advice Centre. The incumbent will work with the Manager, Digital & Member Experience to develop dealership and broker relationships, lead and monitor outreach strategies and ensure strong onboarding of new partners. The incumbent represents the Credit Union in a professional manner; establishes and maintains strong third party and member relationships.
- Lead and support the Lending Specialists in the delivery of exceptional member service via various digital channels through ongoing coaching; team meetings, training; assigning and directing work; hiring, rewarding and monitoring performance objectives.
- Monitor lending and account inquiry volumes and email queue; review and follow up on Mystery Shopping results; address member and staff concerns and operational questions; receive escalated member or partner concerns.
- Review and adjudicate applications; analyze Lending Specialist applications to determine accuracy, completion, and feasibility of granting loans. Assist Lending Specialists in proper preparation of documentation and ensure loan documentation is complete before sending for signature.
- Provide ongoing coaching; mentor Lending Specialist team to identify new products and services to support member financial goals. Track Lending Specialist daily activities to ensure appropriate member communication and satisfaction.
- Oversee the daily monitoring of all Member Advice Centre applications ensuring response to requests and inquiries are efficient and completed in a timely manner.
Manage the onboarding of new dealerships; actively communicate with and periodically visits dealers and mortgage brokers to maintain and build strong relationships with third party partners.
- Support and provide technical feedback to the Manager, Digital & Member Experience during implementation of new digital products and services that relate to account opening & lending.
- Lead and support outreach strategies to grow current and prospective memberships into full-service accounts.
- Recommend new Member Advice Centre procedures and/or changes to procedures for new/existing loan and deposit products and other services.
- Review, support and communicate policy and procedure updates, industry news and trends in current local market to Lending Specialist Team.
- Ensure Member Advice Center Lending team follows the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures and completes other duties as assigned.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
- A certificate or diploma in Business or Commerce
- A minimum of five years of lending experience, including 2 to 3 years supervisory experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- Consumer and Residential Mortgage Lender Accreditation designation or be willing to complete designation withing the next two years.
- A strong leader with the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Knowledgeable in products and services as well as policies and regulatory environment.
- Confident in your decision-making and technical skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until August 11th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please click the link below to apply for this or any of our other opportunities:
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124