Manager, Business Services
Manager, Business Services
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Manager, Business Services to join our team! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Director, Business Services, the Manager, Business Services is responsible for building relationships with members to provide a full array of business products and services. Through managing a diverse portfolio of commercial accounts, the incumbent examines, evaluates, authorizes or recommends approval of commercial and public sector applications for credit. The incumbent supervises an assigned team of Account Managers, Business Services and provides coaching, direction, mentoring and overall leadership to their team.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of direct report(s) in the delivery of optimal internal and external member service. Responsibilities include participating in the development of a sales and service culture by providing regular coaching, mentoring and support learning and development opportunities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews, monitor performance objectives and address any performance issues as they arise.
- Provide exceptional internal and external member service and follows the Credit Union’s Experience Map while adhering to the company’s policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead business development activities; develop new partnerships and promote the Credit Union’s business services offerings to existing and potential members.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of existing members and proactively look for opportunities to grow the portfolio.
- Interview members, review loan applications; assess credit risk and make approval decisions while adhering to existing policies and procedures.
- Compile loan packages and negotiate loan structure with applicant, including but not limited to rates, repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Proactively identify commercial members’ current and future financial needs and offer suitable products & services. Refer business to other areas of the Credit Union.
- Develop, recommend, and gain approval for the establishment of new or revision of existing business loan policies, programs, products and procedures to best meet member service and organizational goals. Recommend sound business lending practices consistent with policy, industry standards, and member service expectations.
- Assist Branch Managers with credit structuring, assessment and provide training and coaching when required.
- Monitor account overdraft activity and contact members to encourage prompt repayment of delinquent accounts.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of commercial loans and changing government regulations, ensuring that the lending staff is kept informed.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Commerce.
- Six to nine years of relevant experience (including a minimum of two years’ supervisory experience) in business lending at a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- A confident leader with ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Passionate about business development and relationship building.
- An analytical thinker possessing decision-making skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Knowledgeable with financial products, trends and service offerings.
- Experienced in lending, risk management practices, internal auditing and regulatory compliance.
- Able to manage and implement change management initiatives.
- Proficient with technology.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Potential for flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124