Manager, Business Services
Beaubear Credit Union, is considered the “best kept secret on the Miramichi” since 1938. We take immense pride in being an integral part of this community. With 85 years of dedicated service, Beaubear Credit Union has been meeting the financial requirements of the people of Miramichi, boasting two conveniently located branches “on the River.” As part of Atlantic Credit Unions system with 161 service points in Atlantic Canada, our members have the personal commitment to their individual financial needs with the assurance of a larger financial services provider. If you are interested in beginning a rewarding career path with Beaubear Credit Union, we are seeking candidates to build upon our talented finance team in the role of:
MANAGER, BUSINESS SERVICES – Miramichi
The role of the Business Services Manager involves establishing and nurturing strong connections with clients to offer a comprehensive range of business-related offerings. This entails overseeing a varied commercial account portfolio, where the individual assesses, analyzes, approves, or advises on credit applications from both commercial and public sector entities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manager, Business Services is a vital leadership position that engages with all Beaubear Team Members, our Members and other key financial stakeholders. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage an assigned portfolio of existing members and proactively look for opportunities to grow our portfolio.
- Recommend sound business lending practices and procedures consistent with policy, industry standards and member service expectations.
- Providing exceptional internal and external member service following the Credit Union’s Experience.
- Compile loan packages and negotiate loan structure with members.
- Provide leadership and guidance to branch staff.
Minimum qualifications required to be successful in this position include:
- 4 years relevant experience in business lending at a financial institution or similar training/ experience in credit management
- Bachelor of Business Administration/Commerce Degree or a diploma in Business Administration
- Preference given to candidates with 2 years’ leadership experience.
- Excellent financial analytical aptitude especially in areas of managing risk.
- Strong administrative skills (minimum intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills as well as positive attitude
- Flexible person who is self-directed and works well with little supervision.
Key Competencies for this position:
- Confident Leadership – ability to coach, delegate and build upon a team culture.
- Relationship Building – passionate about business development through building relationships based upon trust and integrity.
- Decision Making – analytical thinker able to make prudent decisions based upon sound judgment and discretion.
- Financial Acumen – solid understanding of various financial products, trends and services with experience in lending, risk management, auditing and regulator compliance
- Driver of Change – ability to “pivot quickly” as you recognize the need for change and then help develop and implement change initiatives.
All offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
At Beaubear Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
- Competitive salary, benefits package available, opportunity to participate in our Defined Contribution Registered Pension Plan, reduced rates on employee loans and mortgages, wellness credit and more.
- Customized training and opportunities for personal development.
How to apply… If you are interested in joining a team that believes in going the extra mile, email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to Beaubear@beaubear.ca
Applications will be accepted until the position if filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.