Manager, Commercial Lending
Who WE Are:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We deliver quality results and offer a collaborative and community focused work environment in which to do it. Our employees’ wellbeing is a top priority, and we underscore that with flexible working arrangements, personal days, and even birthdays off, to enable employees’ to strike a balance that works for them. We strive to create an environment where all team members have opportunities for growth and feel welcome, valued, supported and connected.
If your values align with ours, consider joining our team as Manager Commercial Lending.
A TYPICAL DAY:
Working as part of a hybrid team, the Manager, Commercial Lending is responsible for contributing to the management and growth of our commercial mortgage / construction loan portfolios, providing support, advice and guidance to clients, credit unions and other Commercial Lending staff regarding deal structure throughout the approval process.
The Manager also analyzes commercial mortgage annual reviews and builds relationships with credit unions, clients and referral sources to contribute to the commercial lending portfolios of League Savings and Mortgage and Atlantic Central.
- Develops and maintains a network of relationships including direct, credit union, and other referral Actively pursues opportunities in the $1M and up bracket to grow the commercial portfolio ensuring department, team, and individual goals are achieved.
- Conducts detailed analysis of potential Canada Mortgage Bond (CMB) transactions and prepares credit submissions to include a recommendation to LSM’s Executive Committee.
- Maintains a full understanding of CMHC criteria pertaining to the insurance of multi residential real estate financing and reviews potential new business opportunities.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of the Commercial Analysts, including recruitment, development, assigning and directing work; coaching ; conducting performance reviews and leading team meetings.
- In conjunction with the Director, Commercial & Lending Services, manages the Commercial Loan Portfolio ensuring loans are an acceptable risk and within guidelines and policy; completing annual reviews and ensuring action plans are formalized to regulate accounts experiencing financial difficulty.
- Prepares and analyzes commercial mortgage annual reviews including conducting credit investigations; analyzing financial statements; visiting sites (as required); pricing reviews; updating risk assessments and recommending required actions.
- Promotes and cross-sells existing and potential clients and/or referral sources.
- Reviews and adjudicates commercial, personal, and mortgage loan applications and approves/declines or makes recommendations.
- Interacts with clients to find suitable solutions for early intervention on delinquent accounts.
To BE SUCCESSFUL:
The Manager, Commercial Lending will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Finance or a related discipline plus have a minimum of six years Commercial Lending lending/underwriting experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. An accomplished business developer with an existing referral network, and/or with the ability and skills required to build one.
This is a permanent full time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-10 ($105,737 – $124,396). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
The position offers the flexibility of hybrid work with business development focused in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, and services the Atlantic Provinces.
TRAVEL, EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel.
Applications will close on February 22, 2023.
If this sounds like a fit for you, submit your application by clicking here.
About Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central is the regional trade association for more than 40 independent member credit unions across Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of financial services, leadership, and advocacy to support credit unions and the communities we serve to grow well. Our credit unions proudly serve nearly 293,000 members and play a significant role in the Atlantic Canadian economy.
We are proud to be a Certified B CorporationTM joining a global movement of people using business as a force for good. We are committed to making business decisions that are in the best interests of our employees, credit unions and their members.