Manager, Content & Digital Marketing
Would you like to work for a dynamic, forward-moving, inclusive, and supportive organization that puts its employees, members and communities first? Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting career opportunities and an amazing team to work with and support you! At East Coast, you will have the opportunity to build an exceptional experience for yourself and your future!
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Manager, Content & Digital Marketing to join our team! The location of this permanent position is flexible and can be located anywhere in Nova Scotia. It is well suited for an individual with strong digital marketing, web design, copywriting and creative writing expertise. The individual should also have strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Manager of Content and Digital Marketing is responsible for building a best-in-class digital content and member journey for various communication channels to maximize sales and onboarding at every touchpoint. The incumbent tracks and optimizes digital/online marketing to acquire new members, increase engagement and create greater overall awareness for the Credit Union. The incumbent also works closely with various stakeholders and represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Develop, lead and implement an easy-to-use member-focused website and overall digital/virtual experience.
- Regularly monitor corporate and system updates; continuously keep up to date on competitive and industry trends as well as best practices and provides recommendations on enhancing content management and digital marketing activities.
- Plan, oversee, and contribute to news stories and video development (marketing content creation) in conjunction with marketing team and/or partner agency.
- Lead and support the Marketing team in collecting, researching, writing, and curating content for website, social media, annual report, member communications.
- Manage website visibility from organic and paid search and the position tracking of keywords providing guidance on functionality, reliability, and website traffic reporting while monitoring best practices and competitive trends to optimize the Credit Union’s web exposure.
- Lead all necessary search engine optimization (SEO) tasks, including: keyword research, on-page website optimization, link building, and other off-page optimizations.
- Develop and manage pay-per-click (PPC) SEM marketing strategies.
- Provide social media subject expertise and best practices, to support the delivery and growth of an engaging social media presence on various social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok etc.).
- Create digital strategies, content and elements for Marketing campaigns and special projects.
- Assist with reputation management; monitor the internet for comments about the Credit Union, its brand and products/services.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, system partners and service providers and work closely with all internal departments cross functional teams.
- Oversee the activities of direct report(s) and manage various personnel functions for direct reports including, but not limited to, work allocation, training and developments, and performance management.
- Desire to deeply understand the target audiences and adapt content/copy to impact the audience’s decision-making process and member journey.
- Proven ability to analyze digital analytics and website performance to optimize web content to achieve business results.
- Solid understanding of Content Management Systems, Google Analytics, SEO.
- Expertise across digital marketing mediums (company website, paid search, mobile, SEO/SEM, display/banner ads, social media).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt your writing voice to match different styles/tones.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Office 365, SharePoint, or other similar online applications.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and provide on-going innovation.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and manage multiple projects across several products/services simultaneously.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in copywriting, digital marketing, web design, and creative writing and a minimum of three years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience, preferably in the financial industry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check. We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.