Manager, Credit & Operations
Public Service Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a Manager, Credit & Operations.
WHO WE ARE:
Public Service Credit Union is a full-service financial institution located in beautiful St. John’s, Newfoundland. We are celebrating our 85th year providing financial solutions that maximize the financial wellbeing of those who bank with us. This milestone is possible because of our staff and ensuring their fulfillment and wellbeing is integral to our success. We value our employees and underscore this with working hours that allow life-work balance, generous benefits, and a defined pension plan.
A TYPICAL DAY:
Leading a team of 9, the Manager, Credit & Operations provides leadership, training and direction to the member service, credit and administration functions of the credit union ensuring a high level of member service and compliance with loan policies and procedures. In addition, the role assists in managing the branch operations and is the Privacy Officer for the credit union.
Credit & Member Service
- Manages, coordinates and schedules staffing for the credit and member service delivery functions of the credit union.
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reviews, approves, or rejects applications, within limits, in accordance with policies, procedures and sound business practices.
- Ensures exceptions to loan policy are documented and approved by the Board.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field of lending and changing government regulations.
- Oversees the collection of delinquent accounts and initiates or recommends appropriate action to minimize risk and mitigate potential losses.
- Manages and resolves escalated member service issues.
- Assists in managing branch operations, internal controls compliance and administers a variety of internet-based platforms.
- Assists in recommending, communicating, and implementing changes to policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to the CEO on matters related to branch operations that will improve efficiencies and align with organizational objectives and priorities.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of direct reports; provides feedback and coaching, and takes corrective action as required.
- Prepares staff performance appraisals in adherence to the collective agreement and maintains positive working relationship between the employer and employees.
- Assists in resolving escalated staff inquiries, complaints, or employee relations issues and recommends various personnel actions within the limitations of the Collective Agreement.
- Identifies opportunities for succession planning, career development, training and education and recommends activities to be undertaken to develop branch strength.
- Collaborates in the interview and selection process for direct reports and recommends hiring of personnel ensuring orientation and training programs are implemented and personnel records are maintained.
Credit Union Leadership & Support
- Participates in strategic planning and assists in the implementation of the credit union’s corporate and operational plans.
- Represents the credit union on committees of the Board including, but not limited to the Governance and Executive Committees.
- Participates on project teams and initiatives as they relate to branch operations to provide subject matter expertise and an operational perspective.
As the ideal candidate, you will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have 6-9 years’ experience in progressive leadership positions at a financial institution including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in credit, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
This role requires a strong business acumen, and a solid background in the credit granting field, knowledge of financial principles, balance sheet management, lending policies and the general regulatory environment. The incumbent should be able to work collaboratively, have strong oral and written communication skills and be adept at managing people and working collaboratively.
The position is located in St. John’s, NL, a small city with all the amenities of a big one. We have a vibrant arts and entertainment community, a great nightlife and well-maintained hiking and mountain biking trails.
This is a permanent full-time position and has a salary range of $79,000-$95,000 and a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please forward a cover letter highlighting why with your résumé in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on October 23,2022.
Want to learn more about our credit union? Check out our website or Facebook page.