Manager, Digital & Member Experience, East Coast Credit Union
Manager, Digital and Member Experience
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Manager, Digital and Member Experience to join our team! This position will support our Member Advice Centre. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Director, Partnerships & Digital Experience, the Manager, Digital Experience will oversee and manage the Member Advice Centre team and implement digital initiatives including products and service implementation for East Coast Credit Union. The incumbent provides effective leadership to the Member Advice Team to champion the staff in the delivery of unit growth, profitability, business development, increase member retention, and acquisition & member satisfaction. The incumbent assists with projects that support the digital strategy and priorities for East Coast Credit Union. They will establish and oversee service standards for delivering information, services, and advice to existing and prospective members.
- Maintains a highly engaged team as first point of contact for the Credit Union. Reinforces the Credit Union’s mission, vision and values and culture by motivating employees to achieve higher standards and promoting a commitment to excellence in service, sales, continuous learning, and technology-driven products and processes.
- Manages the Member Advice Centre team in accordance with the Collective Agreement when applicable. Responsibilities include conducting regular meetings with direct reports; participating in the development of a sales and service culture by training employees; monitoring performance results and objectives; planning, assigning and directing work; providing on-going weekly coaching to reinforce positive behaviors and deliver an optimum member digital experience. Recommends various personnel actions including but not limited to, rewarding, promoting, reassigning or discipline.
- Tracks and reviews weekly performance levels of direct reports; compiles summary reports and communicates standings; develops and directs action plans for improvement areas. Recommends targets and measures for Credit Union digital services.
- Monitors CRM and other tracking such as on-line Collabria, new member accounts and lending applications to ensure adherence to service standards, policies and procedures, consistency in member service and marketing efforts, and successful implementation of new products and services.
- Maintains attendance records and monitors absences of direct reports. Oversees the development of staff schedules and ensures a complement of member advice center staff are available at all times to provide an optimal level of service to members.
- Provides guidance to the supervisors in areas related to lending guidelines, tracking lending growth through various mortgage and lending channels scripting, training, data and call volumes monitoring, tracking the quality and call response time; addressing member concerns, operational questions, risk management, and any human resources issues to ensure the delivery of a meaningful and exceptional member experience via various digital channels. Identifies and manages digital member escalations effectively and efficiently as per East Coast Service Delivery Standards
- Leads the roll-out and implementation of member facing products and services to the Member Advice Team and ensures an integrated digital delivery across all touch points.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders and the change management team to ensure effective communication, implementation and adoption of new member digital products and service solutions. Supports corporate promotions and initiatives and serves as a subject matter expert when required.
- Works closely with the Director Partnerships & Digital Experience to develop and implement a Digital Targeted Business Development Plan which would include areas such as: lending and deposit opportunities through various campaigns and programs. Developing and growing programs to encompass existing and new members from prospect lists, external resources and referrals. Seeks opportunities for referrals to East Coast Credit Union branch network and Wealth Management division across the province. Lending and deposit opportunities, through various campaigns and programs.
- Supports the digital strategy business plan and corporate initiatives. Works in collaboration with the Director Partnerships & Digital Experience and various other levels of the organization to build, support and develop a plan to ensure the digital strategic objectives for the organization are met.
- Develops, recommends, and implements the annual capital and operating budgets for the Member Advice Centre in harmony with the branch network.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends in all areas that affect digital business solutions to help identify best practices and opportunities to increase operating efficiencies and profitability in key business areas. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing procedures and policies to ensure a successful delivery of current and future digital solutions.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with various partners (Ex: Dealers; Mortgage Brokers) to capture a larger wallet share and enhance the member experience.
- Successfully completed a Bachelors Degree in Business or Commerce
- A minimum of five years of business development or sales management experience
- A minimum of three years in a leadership role
- A minimum of five years lending experience; or an equivalent combination of training and related work experience
- Previous experience working in a call centre or financial industry would be a strong asset
- Passionate about innovation and have a strong technical background.
- Able to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- A leader who is able to coach and foster a team.
- Experienced in lending and risk management.
- A great communicator with time management skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until: June 9th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124