Manager, Digital Transformation (Flexible location within Nova Scotia)
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Manager, Digital Transformation to join our team! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, IT and Innovation, the Manager, Digital Transformation will play a pivotal role in driving our digital transformation efforts by developing and implementing digital strategies that optimize business processes, enhance member experience, and drive revenue growth.
- Collaboratively develop and implement a digital transformation roadmap that aligns with the credit union’s strategic capabilities, business goals and objectives.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to identify areas for process optimization and automation; develop digital capability maps that support the optimization of existing business functions while fostering innovation and continuous improvement.
- Lead the strategic evaluation and capability alignment of existing and new digital technologies, tools, and platforms that enhance business productivity, member experience and drive revenue growth.
- Work closely with stakeholders (business stakeholders, senior team members and other Subject Matter Experts, project team, and focus groups) to understand and capture business needs, define, analyze, and evaluate requirements and business processes. Where appropriate, engage external experts/consultants to support the decision on recommendations for new technologies.
- Using project management methodology, support the implementation and adoption of digital initiatives, software applications and technologies that would directly impact members’ experience, retention, and satisfaction.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of change management plans to ensure smooth adoption of new digital processes and technologies.
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams to ensure successful business capability alignment between the project delivery teams, operations, finance and risk and compliance.
- Develop and implement metrics to measure the success of digital transformation initiatives and report progress to senior leadership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and technology partners to stay informed of emerging trends and technologies in the credit union and FinTech sector.
- Monitor trends in the marketplace, identify opportunities to incorporate relevant information and best practices, and present findings to key stakeholders.
- Volunteer and support community initiatives and projects.
- Represent the Credit Union at events and other Credit Union system conferences and meetings.
- Complete other duties and projects as required.
- Successfully completed a degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Commerce or related field.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial industry with practical experience in digital transformation, business strategy, change management, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and related work experience.
- An experienced project manager with demonstrated work planning capabilities.
- An analytical thinker with extensive technical knowledge.
- Keen in business development and relationship building.
- Passionate about innovation.
- Experienced in change management and able to work under pressure.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Potential for flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Careers – About Us | East Coast Credit Union (eastcoastcu.ca)
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124