Manager, Financial Services
Teachers Plus Credit Union is accepting applications for a Full-time Manager, Financial Services. This position is ideal for an individual with the ability to lead a group to success and experience providing excellent financial planning, lending, and investment solutions to members.
Teachers Plus Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution located in Bedford, Nova Scotia, serving approximately 2800 members. We are committed to our community and offer a workplace that strives to live its values everyday.
Reporting to the CEO, the Manager, Financial Services is responsible for examining, evaluating, authorizing, and recommending solutions to our members in response to their request for lending products, deposit products or financial planning. This position supervises all other lending staff and is responsible for leading the lending team to meet or exceed budget goals with respect to loan growth, deposit growth, and insurance revenue.
To be successful in the role, you would:
- Supervise the daily operations of the lending department.
- Conduct personal or telephone interviews with new or current members to obtain personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs.
- Analyze financial status, credit history, and any other pertinent information including security valuation to determine feasibility of granting credit. Approve or decline loan within authorized lending limits or recommend approval to next level.
- Compile loan package and negotiate loan structure with applicant including interest rates, terms, repayment options and other credit terms depending on risk profile.
- Approve or decline loans within approved lending limits or refers to CEO with recommendations. Notifies member of acceptance or rejection of application.
- Assist with growing business through marketing activities including actively interacting with the community and helping members and non-members grow their financial knowledge. This may include presenting sessions on specific financial topics to small groups.
- Recognize any opportunities to appropriately cross-sell credit union products or refer to credit union partners.
- Monitor overdraft activities to ensure members are operating within credit union guidelines and the risk of loss is minimized.
- Maintain Loan Procedures Manuals, including updates and revisions. Recommend new procedures and/or changes to procedures for new and existing loan and deposit products and services.
- Ensure adherence to credit union policies as well as any applicable legislation.
- Act as a resource to answer difficult questions and to solve complex problems for members and staff. Follows up on details to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Provide input into the development of the credit union’s strategic plan and annual business plan. Implement and monitor the annual business plan ensuring that staff efforts are focused on achieving goals and are aligned with the credit union’s strategic objectives. Present Pre-Retirement and Budgeting seminars whenever necessary.
- Complete reports and other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you hold a university degree and five to seven years experience in personal lending and financial planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You are a strong communicator, very good at building relationships and want to use your experience and knowledge to help individuals get ahead financially. You have a sound knowledge of financial products, services, and regulatory requirements.
- An outstanding working environment that focuses on the well-being of our staff and members
- A strong belief in continuing education for self-fulfillment and to improve how we do our jobs
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Participation in a generous defined benefit pension plan
- Additional staff benefits which includes waived banking service fees and reduced staff interest rates on loans and mortgages
Please note that the successful applicant will need to be bondable and to prove full vaccination against COVID-19.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume in word or pdf along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to the attention of Dale Roode at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until October 7, 2022.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.