Manager of Human Resources – Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union
Manager of Human Resources
Annual Salary Range: $82,000 – $97,000
The Opportunity: As the Manager of Human Resources (HR), you are an important part of the executive management team and report directly to the CEO. As a leader and an advisor to management and staff, you provide guidance on best practices on a wide variety of HR matters. You are responsible for ensuring the seamless execution of HR, and you plan, develop, propose, and implement productive approaches to align with our overall growth and strategies.
- Identify talent management strategies that drive the attraction, retention, development, and progression of individuals.
- Collaborate across functions and at all levels, from individual contributors to senior leaders.
- Resolve confidential issues in a sensitive, efficient, and professional manner.
- Develop our Human Resources strategic plan and recommend an integrated Human Resources plan to align with corporate strategic objectives.
- Lead and/or participate in large projects to facilitate change management which impacts the HR function at the credit union.
- Develop and implement a total compensation program including compensation strategy, job profiles, job evaluation, salary administration guidelines, and incentive compensation which ensures internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive performance management system which is results-focused and tied to corporate strategic and annual objectives.
- Design and implement management and employee training and development programs that align with corporate objectives.
Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
- Have an undergraduate degree with a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of HR experience with 8+ years at a management level required, with generalist knowledge and leadership ability, would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of personnel file management, payroll and benefits administration.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and exhibit a high degree of cultural competency.
- Successful track record in implementing change management initiatives.
- Comprehensive understanding of HR principles, techniques, and procedures; proficient on current laws affecting HR matters.
- Skilled at performance management and conflict resolution.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and with using online platforms and tools.
- Must be bondable.
- Must understand and honour our co-operative principles and values.
In addition to having the right qualifications and experience, as the ideal candidate you:
- Are skilled in collaboration, know how to build relationships, influence and coach while working towards organizational goals and objectives.
- Are strategic by nature and thrive in a dynamic and an ever-changing environment.
- Rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Are highly agile and can prioritize based on multiple projects and deadlines.
- You take a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Are resilient with high emotional intelligence and unquestioned integrity.
At Leading Edge and Eagle River Credit Unions we provide financial products and services to our nearly 18,000 member-owners to align with our vision of Growing Stronger Together. We will be merging into one credit union on January 1st with a goal is to provide great banking with the opportunity to be part of something bigger: to see fairness, trust, equality, and independence brought to life in real and meaningful ways and the chance to build our communities towards a kind and sustainable future. We are a co-operative financial institution and, as such, we do our best to embed the co-operative values and principles into the way we do business from the ground up.
Application deadline: 2021-10-24
- Full-time, Permanent
- Travel is required.
- Ideally work from any of our 11 branch locations
- Partial remote work arrangement may be considered
Salary range: $82,000 – $97,000
Eagle River and Leading Edge Credit Unions value diversity in the workplace and are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We value gender diversity and further encourage the recruitment and promotion of Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.