Manager, Products and Services – Flexible location within Nova Scotia
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Manager, Products and Services to join our team! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Director, Partnerships and Digital Experience, the Manager, Products and Services is responsible for coordinating and managing the implementation of new products and services and enhancements to existing products and services at East Coast Credit Union. The incumbent will research new products and services, identify release risks and issues, develop mitigation plan, communication, implementation, and training material; monitor progress and provide regular status updates. The incumbent will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders and represent the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Consult with key stakeholders to identify needs for new products and services and gather suggestions and feedback for future products and services enhancements. Support the research and assessment of potential new products and services and enhancements to existing products and services.
- Using project management methodology, manage project scope, timelines and budget; adjust project plan in consultation with key stakeholders as required to ensure product and service deliverable objectives are met. Monitor key performance indicators and product performance; provide regular status updates and recommend any areas for improvements.
- Ensure smooth implementation and roll-out of new products and services. This includes but not limited to testing new products and services; coordinating pilot programs; developing and maintaining documentation, guidelines, support material and training; assisting with developing any external communication and website content updates.
- Develop and deliver specific presentations and material to a variety of stakeholders. Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and internal departments as required.
- Identify any release risks/issues and establish mitigation plans to resolve identified items. Respond to inquiries throughout the implementation process and resolve any issues that arise during the process.
- Monitor corporate and system updates and trends in the marketplace; identify opportunities and best practices and presents findings to key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with employees, vendors, and system partners.
- Volunteer and support community initiatives and projects. Represent the Credit Union at events and other Credit Union system conferences and meetings.
- Complete other duties and projects as required.
- Successfully completed a degree or diploma in Business or related field plus have five years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial industry; or an equivalent combination of training and related work experience.
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude to research, evaluate, test, and implement new products and services.
- Superior written and oral communication, including excellent presentation and documentation skills.
- A passion for innovation and foster a collaborative approach across the organization and with external partners.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Potential for flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124