Manager, Risk & Compliance
Brunswick Credit Union is the largest Credit Union in New Brunswick with 14 branches in Centreville, Fredericton, Hampton, Kennebecasis Valley, Moncton, Petitcodiac, Rexton, Riverview, Saint John, St. George, Sussex and Woodstock
Under the managerial direction of the VP Finance, the Manager, Risk & Compliance will be responsible for the development and support of enterprise-wide risk management. This role supports the implementation of the credit union’s risk framework for: compliance, contingency planning, business continuity, internal audit, enterprise risk management, and internal capital adequacy assessment.
Some of the qualifications, which are desired for this position, include, but are not limited to:
- University degree or College Diploma with at least 3 years relevant experience in risk management and compliance responsibilities, preferably in a financial institution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as: AML, PIPEDA, FATCA, OSFI, CU Act, CPA, industry standards and service management.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Proven ability in formulating policies and procedure.
- Strong decision making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication, critical thinking and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- This position requires some travel to the Credit Union branches throughout New Brunswick
The ability to be bonded is a condition of employment with Brunswick Credit Union. This consists of the completion of a bonding application process which includes a criminal record and credit check.
Please direct your resume including cover letter to: email@example.com
Although we appreciate all applications, only those being short-listed for an interview will be contacted.