Flexible location within Nova Scotia
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Marketing Analyst to join our team! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Analyst is responsible for researching market conditions to identify marketing and business opportunities and assist with planning, implementation and delivery of marketing tactics and strategies. The incumbent gathers and interprets market research data; conducts data analysis, presents findings, and provides recommendations to support the development and implementation of business objectives.
- Analyze products and services, prepare reports and provide recommendations on strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness and to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Conduct data analysis and monitor trends in the marketplace to incorporate relevant information and best practices into advertising, marketing and communication activities.
- Gather and interpret market research data from various sources and present findings of trends, opportunities and gaps to aid in the design and development of marketing plans and activities and support of other business initiatives.
- Understand business objectives and work with management to devise and assess procedures and methods for data collection and reporting.
- Ensure the integrity of research project data, including data extraction, processing, storage, manipulation, and analysis.
- Collect data on members, competitors and marketplace and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations. Transform results into written and graphic formats that are clear and understandable.
- Create queries and reports that support marketing efforts such as campaign creation. Provide progress reports on campaign and program results as required.
- Provide timely and accurate data to third party providers; work with system partners to interpret data; prepare reports using banking systems, CRM software and ensure accurate representation of credit union data.
- Measure and report on effectiveness of digital and non-digital marketing efforts to ensure maximum visibility and brand awareness.
- Provide input into web optimization efforts to ensure a stronger presence in the virtual marketplace including corporate website and social media channels.
- Provide backup to the marketing team including creation and production of advertising and promotional material.
- Provide after-hours support on evenings and weekends to assist in social media monitoring and to attend community and marketing events.
- Successfully completed a degree in Marketing or related field plus have a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial industry; or an equivalent combination of training and related work experience.
- Proven research methods, critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Experience with search engines, business research tools and web analytics, including CRM programs.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with statistics programs.
- The ability to build analytical models.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Potential for flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until June 8th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Careers – About Us | East Coast Credit Union (eastcoastcu.ca)
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124