Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Flexible Location in Nova Scotia, East Coast Credit Union
Would you like to work for a dynamic, innovative, inclusive, and supportive organization that
puts its employees, members and communities first? Build your career at East Coast Credit
Union, where you will discover exciting career opportunities and an amazing team to work with
and support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full–service financial cooperative organization that is deeply
committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking
and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will…
• Develop, write, and implement content promoting our products, services, and promotions
internally and externally.
• Research, recommend, and stay current with skillset to implement new channels of
communication with a focus on the changing and growing landscape of digital marketing.
• Regularly monitor and optimize the Credit Union’s social media accounts, from both a
marketing and member service standpoint, provide timely responses and reports of any
• Provide recommendations and best practices for an engaging social media presence on
various platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.)
• Manage website updates to ensure content is accurate and current.
• Manage updates to the internal staff communication platform.
• Keep up to date on competitive and industry trends and best practices and provide
recommendations on enhancing marketing and communications activities.
• Support corporate and branch events and requests.
• Manage inventory and distribution of marketing and promotional material.
• Assist in the creation of press releases, reports, emails, presentations, webinars, etc.
• Propose additions and changes to improve member experience and recommend
efficiencies in support of established Credit Union marketing and strategic goals.
• Volunteer and support community initiatives and projects. Represent the Credit Union at
events and other Credit Union system conferences and meetings.
• Represent Marketing and Communications on internal committees.
• Assist with any marketing campaigns, promotions, and initiatives as required.
• Successfully completed a Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Business
Communications plus have two to three years of marketing related experience,
preferably in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Adobe Acrobat and Office 365 is required.
• Experience updating websites and with Canva, Adobe Photoshop or InDesign
considered an asset.
• Proven ability to navigate an environment with multiple and shifting priorities with ease.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi–task and prioritize.
• Must be able and willing to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to travel to various locations within Nova Scotia.
• Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community–focused team.
• Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, and Hybrid.
• Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development opportunities.
• Competitive compensation and benefits with performance–based incentives.
• Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by
employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution
• Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; paid volunteer time
and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft
Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the October 14, 2022.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual
Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be