Marketing Coordinator – Sydney Credit Union
Marketing Coordinator – Sydney Credit Union (SCU)
Competition # SCU-300102-O
Posting date: February 6, 2023
Closing date: February 12, 2023
Are you looking for a career in marketing? One that provides the opportunity to work with an employer that gives back to the community, provides engaging employment and lives by its core values? If you are interested in joining a great team, Sydney Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Marketing Coordinator.
Reporting to the Community Relations and Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will contribute to the development, execution and monitoring of the marketing initiatives including but not limited to campaigns, advertising, community events and member outreach.
- Assist with project coordination and the execution of campaigns and events
- Create surveys and compile results
- Prepare marketing reports for management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Provide creative ideas for marketing promotions that champion the SCU brand
- Act as community champion for SCU in the community through coordinating community initiatives
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Superior written, verbal, and proofreading skills
- Fluency in the English language
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Above average Communication skills
- High proficiency with the Office 365 suite of products, including Excel and Word
- Expertise to accurately track campaigns, events, and surveys
- The ability to lift 25lbs
- The ability to stand for long periods of time when attending events
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a post-secondary program in marketing, communications, or business (or 1 -2 years of proven work experience in marketing)
- Demonstrated experience with managing content databases including running queries, tracking, and summarizing data
- Experience using various communication channels, including MailChimp and social media platforms in a marketing capacity
- Event management experience
- Knowledge of the financial services industry an asset
This is a full-time position that is covered under the Collective Agreement between Sydney Credit Union Limited and United Steelworkers, Local 1064.
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Required Travel: Limited
- Work Environment: In office
- Pay Type: Salaried (Starting $879.52/wk)
- Health & Dental
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- LTD, AD&D, Life Insurance
- Free Chequing Service
- Discounted rates on Lines of credit, Loans, and Mortgages
- Healthy Lifestyle credit and so much more!
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format, quoting Competition # SCU-300102–O in the subject line to, email@example.com Applications will be accepted until end of day, Sunday, February 12, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
Sydney Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.