Who We Are:
We are the largest Credit Union in Atlantic Canada with $1.2 billion in assets and serving approximately 35,000 members in 10 branch locations across PEI.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
The Marketing Specialist contributes to the development, execution and monitoring of the annual marketing plan including campaigns, programs, and community engagement. The Marketing has exceptional communication skills and a strong knowledge of digital marketing channels.
What You’ll Do:
Operational Oversight & Delivery
- Develop, implement, and track marketing programs such as email, social media, or digital campaigns, and event
- Collaborate with other internal teams (e.g. product and sales) to develop and monitor strategic marketing initiatives
- Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of campaigns and programs
- Develop and create marketing materials, such as sales and product collateral, and ensure brand guidelines are met
- Collaborate with internal teams for the development and execution of community sponsorships and engagement activities
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
- Degree in Marketing plus 3-5 years experience or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with digital channels in financial services organization a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills including demonstrated proficiency in copy writing for marketing purposes.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of marketing principles
- Ability to manage the marketing components of systems such as such as content databases, online team knowledge-sharing tools, and content management systems.
- Working knowledge of creative development
- Proven time management skills and ability in organizing work, setting priorities, and performing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities/deadlines.
What We Offer:
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
- Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan, sick time, and 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 3% employer contribution.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks per year plus 4 personal days.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career progression opportunities.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to, annual fitness and clothing allowance, and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
- Salary range for this position: $61,615.28 to $72,488.56
- Opportunity to work out of one of our 10 branch locations.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter no later than October 28th, 2022.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.