Member Advice Center Specialist, Flexible location, East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Member Advice Centre (MAC) Specialist. This part-time
position can be located in either our Dartmouth, Antigonish or Port Hawkesbury locations. The
role is well suited for an individual with exceptional customer service experience seeking an
opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization. The successful applicant must be
able to work days and evenings as required.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply
committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape
Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing
an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Member Advice Centre, you will be responsible for responding to
inquiries and delivering advice and solutions to existing and potential members via all virtual
channels including but not limited to telephone, email, live chat, SMS, website, and any future
technologies adopted by the Member Advice Centre.
• Identify member needs, provide products and services based on their individual financial
needs and goals and refer member to the appropriate department.
• Receive incoming calls and effectively manage digital and online inquiries; perform
outbound calls and support any sales and service initiatives as per established goals.
• Recommend and process product and service solutions including but not limited to
deposit accounts, term deposits, registered products, card services, digital services,
Collabria Credit Cards, Matrix-approved overdrafts and pre-approved lending products
within specified guidelines.
• Identify trends in service recovery incidents and proactively recommend solutions to
• Assist the branch network in booking in-person and telephone appointments. Ensure
accurate member information and requests are recorded in the appointment scheduling
• Champion the understanding and provide support, demonstrations and advice to
members using all virtual and self-serve channels.
• Capture member feedback on virtual and digital services and escalate feedback to the
appropriate department. Provide recommendations on enhancements to online services.
• Exhibit a team approach, provide project support and complete other duties as assigned.
• Completed a certificate or diploma in Business or Marketing plus have a minimum of one year sales and service experience, preferably in the financial industry and/or contact centre environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Superior customer service and business development skills.
• Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
• An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Superior communication and time management skills.
• Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
• Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
• Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
• Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
• Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until October 5, 2022.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.