Member Experience Officer
Valley Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 65 employees, and over $ 220 Million in assets. Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for Full Time Member Experience Officer. This permanent position will be based in the Greenwood Branch. This position is well suited for an individual with excellent customer service and proven relationship building.
Reporting to the Branch Experience Leader, you will be responsible for providing superior member service, evaluating authorizing, and recommending approval of members applications for all consumer credit products. You will identify members investment opportunities including the licensing and sale of a full array of mutual funds and selling various deposit products that meet members needs.
A day in the life:
- Conduct in-person and/or virtual interviews with applicants to obtain personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs.
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Approve or decline loan within approved lending limits prefer to the next higher approving position level with recommendations.
- Compile loan packages and negotiate loan structure with applicants, including rates, terms, and repayment options.
- Prepare documentation for loan renewals, loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities.
- Manage and grow a small mutual fund investment portfolio; evaluate each situation to provide appropriate advice, and products to meet member needs
- Provide individual financial counselling and information to members on loans and deposit products, and other services available through the Credit Union. Make referrals to those requiring financial planning advice.
- Analyse current local market and potential trends to plan and develop relationship building activities and educate members on Credit Union product and services offerings.
- Monitor account overdraft activity to ensure accounts operate within limits and ensure appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the Credit Union.
- Ensure adherence to Credit Union policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements.
- Participate in community events.
- Complete reports and other duties as assigned.
- Successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration and have 3-5 years of experience in credit and in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
- You will have three to five years experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of behaviours, training and experience and a desire to learn
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- In depth understanding of financial products, trends, and service offerings.
- Proven organizational, planning, and multitasking skills.
- Proven ability to interpret financial data.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based initiatives.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan, sick time, personal days and up to 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to: Wellness Credit and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages.
If you are interested in joining a Team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Nicole Trentelman, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com quoting job number VCU-MEO-6-2021
Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: July 31st, 2021