Member Services Officer/Administration
At North Sydney Credit Union, we are committed to putting our members at the forefront of all we do. One of the ways in which we do this is by providing high quality financial solutions to our approximately 1800 members.
We are currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Member Services Officer. With the guidance and support of the General Manager, the Administration Officer, while tasked with providing great member service support, their main role is administrative, more specifically responsible for the following:
- Providing an exceptional member experience by engaging with members to understand their immediate banking needs and directing them to the proper supports
- Legislative compliance ie: Privacy and other governmental requirements
- Accounting ie: posting, balancing and maintenance of General Ledger accounts
- Prepares and maintains fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accounts payable and balances to GL control accounts
- Audit of daily computer reports to verify accuracy of postings
- Completes internal & current account reconciliation and prepares monthly financial statements
- Set up, maintenance and audits internal profiles
- Provides assistance to the General Manager and Auditors in the preparation of the annual audit work
- Administers the weekly payroll and conducts the card control function
- Prepares Annual, Quarterly or Monthly compliance reports and completes various Audit functions ie: cash counts, atm reconciliation, staff & board compliance documentation etc.
- Participates with staff on marketing promotions, member and community activities and training events.
- Proactively promotes the use of credit union products and services.
- Assists with resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
- Oversees the overall success of the office
- General office administration and updating member records
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have successfully completed an Office Administration or Accounting diploma plus have five years experience in a similar role; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
The necessary skills to be successful in this position include:
- Strong written, listening and responding skills
- Successful relationship building while positions themselves as a leader
- Financial Accounting with budget and expense management
- Work planning, problem solving, time management and decision-making skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail; sets and works to meet challenging goals
- Software proficiency with proven data entry skills
- Monitoring, compliance and audit skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential attributes.
This is a permanent position with North Sydney Credit Union. Remuneration will be determined based on education and experience with increases determined after the first six months and each year after. A comprehensive benefits plan is provided after three months along with a pension plan after one year on a 50/50 cost share basis. A pro-rated amount of vacation is provided in the first year!
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 9, 2021.
North Sydney C U wishes to thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.