At North Sydney Credit Union, we are committed to putting our members at the forefront of all we do. One of the ways we do this is by providing high quality financial solutions to our approximately 1,700 members.
We are currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Office Administrator. With the guidance and support of the General Manager, the Office Administrator, while tasked with providing great member service and support, their main role is administrative and will be specifically responsible for the following:
- Providing an exceptional member experience by engaging with members to understand their immediate banking needs and directing them to the proper supports
- Legislative compliance including privacy and other government requirements
- Accounting, ie: posting, balancing and maintaining of general ledger accounts
- Prepares and maintains fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accounts payable and balances to general ledger control accounts
- Audit of daily computer reports to verify accuracy of postings
- Completes internal account reconciliations and prepares monthly financial statements
- Set up, maintenance and audit of internal profiles
- Provides assistance to the General Manager and Auditors in the preparation of the annual audit work
- Administers the weekly payroll and conducts the card control function
- Prepares annual, quarterly or monthly compliance reports and completes various audit functions, such as cash counts, ATM reconciliations, staff and board compliance documentation, etc.
- Participates with staff on marketing promotions, member and community activities and training events
- Proactively promotes the use of credit union products and services
- Assists with resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
- Oversees the overall success of the office
- General office administration and updating member records
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have successfully completed an Office Administration or Accounting diploma plus have five years experience in a similar role; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
The necessary skills to be successful in this position include:
- Strong written, listening and responding skills
- Successful relationship building while positions themselves as a leader
- Financial Accounting with budget and expense management
- Work planning, problem solving, time management and decision-making skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail; sets and works to meet challenging goals
- Software proficiency with proven data entry skills
- Monitoring, compliance and audit skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential attributes.
This is a permanent position with North Sydney Credit Union. Remuneration will be determined based on education and experience with increases determined after the first six months and each year after. A comprehensive benefits plan is provided after three months along with a group RRSP after one year on a 50/50 cost share basis. A pro-rated amount of vacation is provided in the first year!
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 16, 2022.
North Sydney Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.