Part-time Financial Services Representative – Antigonish
East Coast Credit Union is accepting applications for a Part–Time Financial Services
Representative to join our Antigonish Branch! This job is well suited for an individual with
exceptional customer service experience seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative
East Coast Credit Union is a full–service financial cooperative organization that is deeply
committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape
Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing
an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for providing counter and telephone
service to current and prospective members; processing financial transactions including daily
balancing of cash and transactions; assisting members with their financial needs and promoting
credit union products and services. The incumbent is required to be on call when required and
be flexible to work any day of the week from Monday to Friday. Hours will vary based on the
operational needs of the branch.
• Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective members.
• Pro–actively identify members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate product or service
and refer members to other departments.
• Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and
• Understand all products and services offered by East Coast Credit Union. These include
but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and
• Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
• Respond to member inquiries and resolve any concerns or discrepancies.
• Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
• Demonstrate a team approach and provide support to the Front–Line team.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Completed a certificate or diploma in Business plus have a minimum of one–year of
sales and service experience, preferably in the financial industry; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Superior customer service and business development skills.
• Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
• An outgoing and self–motivated nature with strong work ethics.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem–solving skills.
• Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash
• Superior communication and time management skills.
• Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community–focused team.
• Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
• Generous benefit package including up to 9% contribution with employer match in the
Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
• Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on
• Very competitive compensation: the hourly rate range starts at $20.50.
Please note, this position is a Bargaining Unit position and the successful candidate
would become a member of UNIFOR, Local 2107.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft
Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until August 5, 2022
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual
Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be