Part-time position of Financial Services Representative I
Dominion Credit Union is a community-based full-service financial institution with assets of $33 Million, serving approximately 2000 members from our Branch in beautiful Dominion, NS. We pride ourselves on offering professional member service and giving back to our community.
Dominion Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Financial Services Representative I to provide high quality counter and telephone service to current and prospective customer-owners of the credit union.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Counter Services, the Financial Services Representative I will be responsible for:
- Processing and balancing various financial transactions
- Updating customer-owner computer records
- Answering questions and assisting customer-owners in making the most effective usage of product and service offerings
- Presenting and explaining basic credit union products and services and cross selling on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services
- Removes deposits from and balancing cash in the night depository and/or ATM
- Opening and closing safety deposit box accounts
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will have completed post-secondary education including &/or office administration, have up to one year’s related experience, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle and balance cash
- Proven data entry skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating adding machines/calculators, fax machines, photocopier and related equipment generally found in a business office
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with or without a calculator
- Be willing to enroll in the Credit Union CuSource Learning Program
The successful candidate will perform a variety of general office tasks including typing, filling, answering telephones, checking reports and other duties assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding, and Responding
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Information Seeking
- Planning, Organizing and Coordinating
- Concern for Order, Quality and Compliance
- Problem Solving and Judgement
- Impact and Influence
This is a part-time position and Dominion Credit Union offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Interested in applying?
Interested candidates should email their resume in confidence to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until November 22, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon acceptance of an individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and credit check.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be subject to Dominion Credit Union’s Vaccination Policy.