Payments Services Officer (Term)
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for a 1 year term; Payments Services Officer.
Who WE Are:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We deliver quality results and offer a collaborative and community focused work environment in which to do it. Our employees’ wellbeing is a top priority, and we underscore that with flexible working arrangements, personal days, and even birthdays off, to enable employees’ to strike a balance that works for them. We strive to create an environment where all team members have opportunities for growth and feel welcome, valued, supported and connected.
If your values align with ours, we want YOU to join our team!
A TYPICAL DAY:
In the role of Payments Services Officer, you will be responsible for providing various administrative and banking services to all customers in accordance with Payment Services Operating Standards.
- Assists with the delivery of core services such as, Clearing & deposit system, Electronic, Bill Payment, Foreign Exchange and Currency Services, Wire Transfers, Current account operations, Cheque Imaging and Index-Linked products.
- Ensures all manual and electronic transactions are accurately completed and balanced.
- Problem solves, resolving minor problems and escalating major problems as appropriate.
- Completes internal current account reconciliations.
- Prepares and processes general ledger entries to various GL accounts, balances GL entries to general ledger and reconciles differences.
- Assists and provides documentation in the preparation of the annual audit.
- Provides administrative support including preparation of correspondence as required, developing and maintaining the procedures manual (including credit union procedures) for the incumbent’s job, and other general office administration.
- Assists and backs up other members of the Payment Services team.
This position offers the ability to work remotely services Atlantic Canada.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
As the ideal candidate you will have successfully completed a Diploma in Business Administration or a related discipline plus have 1-3 years experience in a finance, accounting or payment processing environment; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You have a demonstrated understanding of accounting practices, procedures and terminology, strong oral and written communications skills and a demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products. Being adaptable to change, having a strong customer service focus and the ability to work collaboratively and in support of a team are equally essential!
This is a one-year term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($45,672 – $53,732). Atlantic Central offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Click here to apply.
Applications will close on October 16, 2022.
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central provides a range of services, leadership, and advocacy at the provincial, regional, and national levels. Collectively, the 42 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $12 billion in mortgages, loans, and deposits on behalf of 294,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. LSM, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
Curious about what else we do? Check out our website or LinkedIn page.