Human Resources Officer (1-year term) – CUA
Members of the CUA Team work to create and deliver a “wow” banking experience to 20,000 individuals and businesses across Nova Scotia. The CUA Difference is a combination of flexible products, personalized service and quick decisions made and delivered by people who know and love our Province. CUA’s continued growth and member satisfaction reflects a team of committed problem-solvers who think big and outside the box to help others take a step forward in their financial health. If you are excited about the opportunity to help people achieve what matters most, while changing the way people think about banking, consider the following opportunity.
Human Resources Officer (1-year term)
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Officer administers payroll and benefits for CUA and its subsidiary companies and is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in these areas. The position also performs a diverse range of duties and responsibilities within the Human Resources function, including recruitment, onboarding, departure and occupational health and safety processes as well as any other area requiring execution of defined tactics.
As the successful candidate, you have a proven ability to provide superior payroll, benefits, and human resources support to the organization. You bring exceptional organizational and time management skills to the role, as well as strong interpersonal capabilities and good judgment. Your experience in payroll and benefits administration enables you to perform this critical function accurately and efficiently, and provide advice and information to others. You have a keen attention to detail, basic numeracy skills, and enjoy problem solving. You can prioritize and multi-task a variety of initiatives, you have exceptional customer service skills, and you love working closely with others.
- Business Administration or Human Resources Management Community College Certificate required, plus a minimum of three years’ experience in payroll and benefits; or, an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Strong knowledge of payroll administration / legislation and experience processing payroll, preferably in Ceridian.
- Experience working with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS); preferably PurelyHR.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with high quality documentation and filing systems.
- Certification from the Canadian Payroll Association is considered an asset.
This is a 1-year term, full-time position offering competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date for this opportunity is May 26, 2022. The position start date is expected to be June 13, 2022.
Method of Applying: Please apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as providing your salary expectations. While we appreciate all submissions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA Team!