Payroll & Benefits Officer
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the position of Payroll & Benefits Officer.
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Riverview, and Charlottetown. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of more than 300,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. League Savings, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
In the role of Payroll & Benefits Officer, you will be responsible for administering the payroll cycle, including entry, transmission and submission of the payrolls and other payroll related duties for Atlantic Central and other customer organizations. You will also provide group benefits administration for the organization and benefits administration support to the Atlantic Credit Union Plan administrators in the Credit Union National Benefit (CUNB) Plan.
- Preparing and processing payroll, performing payroll administration and serving as the system administrator in the development, management and maintenance of the payroll database for all customer organizations in accordance with company policies, collective agreements and legislative/regulatory requirements.
- Preparing and processing year-end transactions, reporting and tax forms (e.g. T4s balancing, preparation and management, PIER report reconciliation, T2200 forms, etc.)
- Balancing payroll and benefits general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and reconciles discrepancies. Reconciling any differences to the sub-ledgers to the General Ledger.
- Developing and maintaining payroll and benefits procedures for employee and /or managers for self-serve processes.
- Liaising with payroll vendors and providing benefits rates and formulas for programming and testing.
- Administering the disability management process, benefits enrolment, flex plan re-enrolment, changes and termination process for the group benefits plan which includes health and dental insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance, Employee and Family Assistance Program, voluntary benefits, Group Savings for Retirement Plan and retiree benefits.
- Staying current on regulations concerning insurance and employee benefits and assessing the potential impact of any changes on HR related services.
- Providing support in the coordination of the OHS program including coordinating ergonomic assessments
- Maintaining the benefits section of the internal and external websites.
- Generating and processing monthly invoices from carriers for payment and reviewing reports.
- Communicating with and providing benefits administration support to plan administrators and providing educational support to employees regarding benefits related matters.
- Providing input into and/or developing communications and educational materials regarding payroll, responding to inquiries, concerns or requests from employees and/or customers regarding payroll and benefits.
- Assisting, backing up other members of the department and completing other duties as required.
This position will be based in our Halifax office but offers the ability to work remotely as required.
This position may require occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
As the ideal candidate you will have successfully completed a Diploma in Business or Accounting plus have a minimum of five years related Payroll and Benefits experience in a high volume, customer-focused environment processing multi-provincial and multi-entity payrolls; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation will be considered an asset.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You pride yourself on your attention to detail, and your ability to work under pressure, performing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities and rigid deadlines. You understand change happens, roll with it and manage well in a fast paced environment. You are a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and the proven ability to work effectively and interact with diverse stakeholder groups. You deliver high quality customer service and excel at establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships.
This is a full-time position and is rated at a Salary Level CU-5 ($51,743 – $60,874). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on April 14, 2021.
If this sounds like you, please forward your résumé and salary expectations in MS Word or PDF format in confidence, to email@example.com.