East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Project Manager to join our progressive and high-performing team! This position is well suited for an individual with strong leadership and expertise managing small to large scale projects with various internal and external stakeholders.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Project Manager is responsible for the development and promotion of a consistent approach to project management and leading the implementation and execution of the Digital Innovation Program. The incumbent assists various internal stakeholders with project management support and advancement of employee project management capabilities for all departments across the organization.
- Develop, recommend and implement project management methodology, processes and tools including standards, policies, best practices and templates.
- Assist and at times lead cross functional teams to ensure all departments have clear expectations, timelines and support required to deliver on projects.
- Support the Credit Union’s digital strategy and initiatives; lead the successful implementation and execution of the Digital Innovation Program and support the committees in completing its activities and deliverables in a timely manner.
- Develop and deliver group and/or individual training on the project management methodology and best practice.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders in preparing project deliverables, defining projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, resources, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structures, milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage the corporate project repository, ensuring all project documentation is in place for current and past projects, and gathering and promoting useful reference materials.
- Act as project manager to select projects, including but not limited to managing the project initiation and planning duties; overall project execution and control duties; and the closeout of the project.
- Oversee the activities of direct report(s) responsible and manage various personnel functions for direct reports including, but not limited to, work allocation, training and development, and performance management.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, system partners and service providers and work closely with all internal departments and cross-functional teams.
- Practical knowledge of project management principles, tools and techniques to meet project requirements
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders and external vendors
- Effective training, coaching and leadership skills
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Ability to effectively manage project risks with several interdependencies while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven diplomacy and capability in handling sensitive situations
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills using the Microsoft suite of tools, including MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing small to large scale projects with multiple and diverse stakeholders and external vendors; or equivalent combination of training and related work experience. Experience in the financial industry is considered an asset.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce or related field and a designation in project management (e.g. CAPM or PMP).
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until June 21, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.