Valley Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 65 employees, and over $ 220 Million in assets. Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for Full Time Project Manager. The position will be based out of Valley Credit Union’s Head Office located in Cambridge N.S.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Project Manager is responsible for the development and promotion of a consistent approach to project management and for planning, executing, and delivering select projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. The incumbent assists various internal stakeholders with project management support and advancement of employee project management capabilities for all departments across the organization. The Project Manager will also play a lead role in implementing and executing on the Digital Innovation Program and ensuring activities and deliverables are completed in a timely manner. Working closely with the executive team, project leads and system partners, the incumbent ensures the organizational project roadmap is updated on a regular basis. The incumbent represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner while adhering to the Credit Union’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops, recommends, and implements project management methodology, processes and tools including standards, policies, best practices, and templates. Provides training and coaching to develop core project competencies throughout the organization.
- Assists and at times leads cross functional teams to ensure all departments have clear expectations, timelines and support required to deliver on projects. Engages with the appropriate staff and internal teams to ensure change management is reflected throughout the project cycle.
- Supports the Credit Union’s digital strategy and initiatives; leads the successful implementation and execution of the Digital Innovation Program and supports the committees in completing its activities and deliverables in a timely manner. Provides recommendations and input on process adoption and improvement, stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Prepares training materials and guides. Develops and delivers group and/or individual training on the project management methodology and best practice.
- Provides advice and guidance to internal stakeholders in preparing project deliverables, defining projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, resources, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structures, milestones, and deliverables. Facilitates the identification of stakeholders’ expectations and provides advice on project communications.
- Manages the corporate project repository, ensuring all project documentation is in place for current and past projects, and gathering and promoting useful reference materials. Tracks key project metrics and prepares reports for the Executive leadership. Maintains and updates corporate roadmap and communicates progress to the broader organization.
- Audits projects to ensure proper processes and methodologies are being followed and determine areas where improvement is needed on future projects.
- Acts as project manager to select projects, including but not limited to managing the project initiation and planning duties; overall project execution and control duties; and the closeout of the project. Follows change management principles and confers with the change management committee when required.
- Oversees the activities of those responsible for providing project support, preparing documentation, coordinating meetings, assisting with training material, and any other project management activities as required.
- Collaborates with external stakeholders, system partners, and service providers and works closely with all internal departments and cross-functional teams while adhering to Valley Credit Union’s commitment to exceptional internal and external member experience.
- Volunteers and supports community initiatives and projects. Represents the Credit Union at events and other Credit Union system conferences and meetings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Project Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce or related field and a designation in project management (e.g. CAPM or PMP) plus have a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing small to large scale projects with multiple and diverse stakeholders and external vendors. Experience in the financial industry is considered an asset.
The incumbent will also have:
- Practical knowledge of project management principles, tools and techniques to meet project requirements
- Effective communicator, able to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders and external vendors
- Effective training, coaching and leadership skills
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Ability to work well under pressure, capable of prioritizing work, be involved in multiple initiatives concurrently meanwhile handling shifting priorities
- Ability to effectively manage project risks with several interdependencies while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven diplomacy and capability in handling sensitive situations
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills using the Microsoft suite of tools, including MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based initiatives.
- Generous benefit package including company paid Flexible Health and Dental Plan, sick time, personal days and up to 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to: Wellness Credit and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
If you are interested in joining a Team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Nicole Trentelman, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com quoting job number VCU-PM-1-2021
Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal backcheck and a credit check.
Closing Date: September 24th, 2021