Regional Manager, Branch Operations – Atlantic Edge Credit Union, Southwestern Newfoundland
Regional Manager, Branch Operations
Full Time – Permanent
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Reporting to the COO, the Regional Branch Manager (RBM) fulfills a leadership role by providing operational, and administrative support to the branch management and advisory teams. In addition to overseeing member satisfaction, and ensuring compliance standards are met, the RBM fulfills a diverse role which includes the delivery of branch growth, profitability, and business development and retention.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Manages overall branch operations including both deposit and loan portfolios; and ensures branch operations are efficient, effective, and compliant with all applicable regulations and sound business practices
- Utilizing a customer-oriented approach, participates in the development and implementation of new or revision of existing programs, products and services, and policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the COO, oversees the physical configuration of all service delivery offices and technology (i.e., ATM sites)
- Supervise the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment
- Engage in community organizations and events to support the promotion of the Credit Union within the community
- Inform staff of market conditions and industry trends to adequately measure the impact on branch performance and provide tactics to address any focus areas
- Prepare operational activity reports for COO
- Participates in the development of the annual capital and operating budgets for the credit union. Provides guidance and direction to the Branch Managers in setting the branch budgets in the areas of growth targets, training requirements, and social responsibility; monitors financial performance and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Contribute input into the development of the credit union’s strategic plan and annual business plan. Implements and monitors the annual business and tactical plan for the branches, ensuring that staff efforts are focused on achieving goals and are aligned with the credit union’s strategic objectives. Provides ongoing feedback, recommendations, recognition as appropriate and develops and implements corrective measures as required.
- Manages branch personnel activities in conjunction with the HR manager and COO, including recruitment and selection, orientation of new branch employees, performance evaluations, training, and branch performance objectives. Recommends promotions, reassignments, transfers, and terminations within the branch network.
- Participates in the training of branch employees by assisting or conducting group and individual training sessions. Follows-up on training, verifying understanding of the concepts and skills.
- Provide general support to branch members and staff when required
The successful candidate will have completed a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce plus a minimum of five years relevant experience including two to three years’ supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience with work planning and management
- Management/supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment
- Sales background would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of risk and compliance requirements
- Familiarity with budget management and preparation
- Substantial knowledge of strategic management activities
- Ability to build valuable relationships and partnerships
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with data systems, software applications and technology
- Superior communication and time management skills
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com or visit our website: atlanticedgecu.ca to complete our online application.
Applications will be accepted until May 20th, 2022.