Retail Lending Administrator
Who We Are:
We are the largest Credit Union in Atlantic Canada with $1.2 billion in assets and serving approximately 35,076 members in 10 branch locations across PEI.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
You are excited about the opportunity to support our members with their financial needs. You are an organized, multi-tasker that enjoys a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about helping your community, interested in being part of a remarkable team, and want to help grow prosperity in Prince Edward Island.
What You’ll Do:
- Processing and posting of all loan and mortgage entries for payments, advances, payouts, interest rates, etc.
- Assists with the administration of assigned accounts.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Credit Union and provides services to its owners/members when required.
- Brings forward ideas and solutions that will improve the administration function within the Credit Union.
- Processing and posting of all loan entries for personal loan payments, new loan advances, loan payouts, LOC increases, interest rate changes, AFT returns on loans etc.
- Assist and complete mortgage reviews and renewals.
- Maintenance of the Life and Disability Insurance through CUMIS including account balancing, bi-weekly rebates, month end reports and balancing of the G/L.
- CLIC 5 insurance program maintenance including monitoring enrollments, error reports and data transmission via CLIC Connect.
- Administration of loan disability claims including monitoring claims, posting payments, and balancing disability AFT account.
- Completion of the property tax administration and remitting property taxes to the Provincial Government for required mortgages.
- Registers PPSA documents, conduct searches as required.
- Prepare letters of instruction to lawyers as required including all mortgage documentation and mortgage funding.
- Obtains Property Appraisals for personal lenders as required
- Complete Personal mortgage payout requests, satisfactions and partial releases.
- Assist in maintaining loan files and compiling month and year-end reports.
- Assist in the management of the Credit Union’s delinquency management system to ensure all procedures are being followed and back up provided.
- Prepare documents for the release of security when required.
- Maintain knowledge of Credit Union products and be aware of Credit Union/CoOperative principle and issues.
- Attend training and seminar programs for self-development.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma with at least one year financial institution experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills (oral & written)
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to effectively work with diverse groups and to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Proven ability in following policies and procedures.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word), data systems, software applications and technology.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in establishing and maintaining working relationships, and be able to deliver a high level of accuracy, focus and timeliness.
- Proven organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
What We Offer:
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
- Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan, sick time, and 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 3% employer contribution.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks per year plus 4 personal days.
- Training, and career progression opportunities.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to, annual fitness and clothing allowance, and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
- Salary range for this position: $44,197.06 – $51,996.55.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter no later than April 20th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.