Sales Support Associate, East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Sales Support Associate to join our team! This position will support our Business Services department across the province. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Services, the Sales Support Associate, Business Services provides sales and administrative support to the Business Services team and ensures the credit union’s commercial loan portfolio is maintained in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain an unmanaged portfolio consisting primarily of nonpersonal members whose total aggregate small business borrowings are $100,000 or less.
- Process all credit requests, using AI, a credit matrix, or traditional underwriting, where the total aggregate small business borrowings would not exceed $100,000.
- Conduct periodic reviews, in the frequency, and to the extent required, on all credits within that portfolio.
- Assist Account Managers by completing miscellaneous “administrative” type functions such as imputing financial statements, pulling credit bureaus, pulling Property Online reports, confirming property taxes or CRA remittances are paid up to date, etc.
- Operate within assigned lending limits and delegated authority.
- Review the borrowing and nonborrowing small business member portfolios for lending opportunities or promotion of ancillary services to develop member relationships.
- Identify opportunities and make appropriate referrals to the business services team and to the branch network to further develop member relations.
- Prepare credit agreements and forward paperwork and supporting documentation to the Administration department for processing.
- Oversee miscellaneous projects such as CEBA or the Nova Scotia Provincial Emergency Covid Relief Loan Program.
- Effectively use the Credit Union’s member relationship management software (i.e. Know Your Member) and other related software as required.
- Complete the daily overdraft report for applicable accounts.
- Maintain the confidentiality of members at all times.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
- Completed a certificate or diploma in Business.
- A minimum of two years related experience in the financial industry, preferably in a lending or related role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Able to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- A critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Accurate and have a high attention to detail.
- A great communicator with time management skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until: June 19, 2023
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124