Senior Commercial Relationship Manager
Valley Credit Union, Nova Scotia, is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 55 employees, and over $ 220 Million in assets. Located in Nova Scotia, within the Beautiful Annapolis Valley. Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for:
Full Time Sr. Commercial Relationship Manager
The position will be based out of Valley Credit Union’s Head Office located in Waterville N.S.
Valley Credit Union is seeking an experienced Senior Commercial Relationship Manager to join our team who will hold overall responsibility for the leadership and performance of our Commercial department. This position will be based out of Head Office, located in Cambridge NS, however mobility throughout our branches and surrounding communities is required.
Reporting to the VP, Member Experience, the Senior Commercial Relationship Manager, is responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating the commercial operations and commercial business development and retention efforts of the credit union in delivering quality financial products and services to current and prospective members. The incumbent will provide effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of commercial growth, profitability, business development, retention, and member satisfaction.
- Coach, lead, and provide support to commercial team.
- Focus on success as it relates to our Strategic Plan.
- Foraging lasting relationships, having meaningful conversations with members and prospective members, and participating in community events.
- Ensures progression on staff’s personal development, fostering engaged employees.
- Develops and implements the Business Plans and activities for Commercial Products and Services.
- Monitor Commercial progress against established goals objectives.
- Ensure Commercial operations are efficient, effective, and compliant with all regulations.
- Oversee Commercial loan approval procedures, review approved loans for quality and adherence to policy, address areas of concern, taking corrective action on potentially deteriorating situations.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce
- You will have 6-9 years of relevant experience, including 5-10 years supervisory experience in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of behaviours, training and experience in credit management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective coaching and leadership
- Proven sales experience with a customer service mindset
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan and up to 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
We are an equal opportunity employer, all persons regardless of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/ or expression, will be considered, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining a team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number VCU-01-2023-SCRM