Senior Financial Relationship Advisor – Amherst Branch
Community Credit Union of Cumberland Colchester Ltd. is seeking a Senior Financial Relationship Advisor (SFRA) to join our team! This full-time, permanent position will be located in our Amherst Branch and is well suited for an individual with exceptional customer service and proven relationship building experience seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
Community Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization with approximately $140 million in assets that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With three locations in Cumberland and Colchester Region and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the SFRA will be responsible for providing superior member service to current and prospective members; addressing the entire financial relationship at each member interaction to identify current and future lending solutions, retirement planning solutions, investment planning solutions, and convenience banking solutions for completion or referral; evaluating, authorizing and recommending approval of members’ applications for all consumer credit products that meet members’ needs in promoting Credit Union products and services.
- Address the entire financial relationship at each member interaction to identify current and future lending solutions, retirement planning solutions, investment planning solutions, and convenience banking solutions;
- Conduct member interviews to identify and assess investment and deposit objectives. Collect and compile information and analyzing member’s personal financial goals to assess risk tolerance to identify current and future deposit and investment opportunities for completion or referral;
- As a registered mutual fund salesperson, responsible for the sale of all mutual fund products offered by Community Credit Union;
- Open and maintain daily banking accounts, as well as deposit investment accounts (Term Deposits, GICs, RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs, HISA, TSFA, Index Link) in accordance with policy and procedures;
- Analyzes applicant’s personal financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loans and mortgages;
- Completes loan package and negotiates loan and mortgage structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and regulatory requirements and security is place prior to the disbursement of the funds;
- Adheres to the Credit Union’s delinquency management procedures, allowance and write-off protocol; initiates collection action; contacts delinquent borrowers in person, by telephone, or by mail, to encourage prompt repayment of delinquent accounts;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years’ experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit;
- Possesses or will obtain a mutual funds license within 3 months of hire;
- Superior customer service and business development skills;
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business / sales objectives;
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills;
- Proven organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills:
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion;
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sarah Doyle @ email@example.com
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.